Taxi Fare

rick&lin

Just make sure you negotiate the price BEFORE you get in the taxi, as my experience in Miami w/ taxis proved that it can and does vary with the taxi driver!

Also, watch the meter as you arrive and are getting out, cause usually you are so excited upon arrival. lookin at the ships in port and all the scenery that the little box on the taxi dash is usually not what you focus on... then as you're unloading luggage from the trunk and the taxi driver just quotes you a price... you just pay and head on your way, until later you start thinking, how much did I pay for that taxi? ha ha

Fare and any surcharges should be posted and fixed.

Think I paid $21 or $22 (plus tip for arriving alive) from port to airport last time, but it was very much posted on the window of the taxi. Would think the opposite would be the same or similar (aka FIXED). Don't get ripped off and don't worry about negotiating.

added - don't get ripped off above the legal posted rates! and yes, it happens...

Archived