Dining on Tahitian Princess

AndyPanda

there are two, however they are not both open on the same night. One is Sabatini's and the other is the Steakhouse. I can't tell you anything about them as we didn't use them. We enjoyed the dining room and our dinner companions very much and the only night we didn't eat in the dining room we were at Bloody Mary's for dinner.

No specialty dining first night and the dining room is open seating. One of the only nights the buffet is open for dinner. During other nights you have early or late dining, or one of the 2 specialty dining rooms. The buffet is only salad bar and the pizza room after 5:30pm on the other nights.

We tried Sabitini's and the Steakhouse on the Tahitian last summer. As for Sabitini's the food was good, there was plenty of it, plus there was a lot of variety but we really didn't think it was so great that it deserved a premium. Another night we tried the steakhouse, we did not think it was worth it – I had steak in the regular dinning room just as good. Main reason we tried the restaurants was to have dinner with cruise mates we had met. We are used to PC dinning but the TP doesn’t have it. Fortunately we’ve had very good meals in the main dinning rooms, and if on occasion something isn’t quite right, you just flag the waiter and order something else – can’t do that in the specialty restaurants = pretty much a set menu. Just another opinion.

there are two, however they are not both open on the same night. One is Sabatini's and the other is the Steakhouse. I can't tell you anything about them as we didn't use them. We enjoyed the dining room and our dinner companions very much and the only night we didn't eat in the dining room we were at Bloody Mary's for dinner.

How far the Bloody Mary's from the Tender dock? Can we walk or need a bus ride?

Many people said about it, is it really good?

Thanks

It was excellent, however it was also pricey. I'm not sure I would do it again - at least for dinner, certainly for drinks.

You can take a cab. The restaurant will provide the transport back to the dock before the last tender leaves at 11 PM.

The big thing about Bloody Mary's is the ambience. We had a fun time with cc members we had met on here previously.

We cruised on the Tahitian Princess in July of 2005. WE really liked the meals in the dining room and enjoyed our table companians. We decided to Splurge on an evening at Sabatini's and we were very disappointed. They give you tonsof food- you are offered samples of every appetizer, and the same is true for the pastas and pizza-then you get your entree. We thought both the food quality and service were better in the dining room.Two other couples at our table agreed. One couple tried the Steakhouse and liked it. Otherwise the cruise was wonderful-one of the best that we have ever taken!

We normally do PC but since not available I thought we had booked early but ended up with late...does anyone know the times? Going 7/2/06..any chance to change once we get on board? Thanks! LuAnn

We were on the Tahitian Princess in Febuary and here is the dinning schedule:

Embarkation/Debarkation Day/Night:

Lunch -Club Restaurant - Noon to 2:00 PM

Lunch Buffet - Panorama Buffet - 11:30 to 2:00 PM

Grill -Open Deck Grill - 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM

Panorama Pizzeria - Panorama Buffet - 2:30 PM to 7:00 PM

Dinner Open Seating - Club Restaurant - 6:15 PM to 9:00 PM

Dinner Buffet - Panorama Buffet - 5:00 PM to Midnight

Dinning Hours for all other days:

Club Restaurant:

Breakfast - Open seating - 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM

Lunch - Open seating - Noon to 2:00 PM

Dinner - 1st Seating - 6:00 PM

2nd Seating - 8:15 PM

Pizzeria table service Panorama Buffet - 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM

This does not include the Alternitive restaurants Sabitni's or Sterling Steakhouse.

I hope this helps;)

What do you think the chances are for a change? DH gets REALLY grumpy when he is hungry and eating "late" (as in fashionable/sunset watching to the rest of us) isn't always the most fun to experience?!!! ;) LuAnn

Judy-Do they not open the buffet for breakfast anymore as they used to? I don't see it on the schedule?????????????????

Toto, yes the buffet is still open for breakfast & lunch but I didn't list that one. I was mainly posting the Restaurant schedule and the other option for dinner other than the alternative restaurants.

LuAnn- when you get on the ship the first day, go to the dining room and see the maitre d. Be extremely pleasant and polite and you will be surprised how quickly you get moved. They will do everything possible to get you into the seating that you want - the first night is open seating, so it doesn't matter. They will leave you a message in your cabin if they can reseat you as well as your new table number.

As for grumpy DH, I get the same way if I eat any later than 7, so we always get some sort of appetizer if dinner is to be delayed. That might help him out if you can't get changed.

Have an incredible trip.

Charlie

Will do..and the pre-dinner "snack" is a great idea...we have never been on this "small" a ship..actually really looking forward to it..but I would assume, (maybe incorrectly) that there is only 1 show per evening? Kenneth loves the shows..and that is one reason why we like to eat early and/or PC so he can make the show and still be awake...very different from when we were YOUNG?...what ever that is? And thanks for the heads up re being pleasant and polite..I always am but I am amazed at how many of our fellow passengers seem to leave that at home!! LuAnn

• 1 month later...

Some maitre d's will turn you away if you are 15 minutes or more late for assigned dinner.

Late arrivals may delay your tablemates, and can "throw off" servers, and the kitchen.

In many circles, late arrivals are considered inconsiderate.

could I just order room service for dinner? Is there much of a menu for room service for all meals?

Just go for late seating. You can always pick something up at the buffet earlier in the day for a snack(for when buffet is closed) to tide you over.

Yes you can order room service.

Archived