Freestyle dressing

de6259

I know this question has been asked before, but I can not find it. So if you guys don't mind, I will ask again. (sorry)

Can you please tell me if men are allowed to wear dress shorts with a nice collared top in the restaurants (not the speciality ones). Also, what about nice jeans (they cost more than dress pants lol).

Being my husband wears suits 5 days a week, he was hoping to be able to be in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Thanks

Donna

No shorts in the dining rooms aftr 5:30. The jeans thing is hard to say. Some people say as long as the jeans are not ripped or very faded they are OK. My husband wears a pair of dockers with a collared shirt and that is just fine.

He can leave his suits home - no shorts in the dinning room - the offical dress code also states no jeans except out of Houston. They may or may not relax the jean rule it depends on the ship and the hotel director onboard. Just don't be surprised if you wear jeans you are asked to change.

http://www.ncl.com/more/fp_mi_w2n.htm#dress

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

diamond_ding.gif

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

diamond_ding.gif

Blue Jeans will be allowed in the Trattoria's in the evenings.

diamond_ding.gif

Bermuda shorts with knee high socks, or Scottish kilts with knee highs will also be allowed in all dining rooms in Bermuda as these are considered formal dress in Bermuda.

diamond_ding.gif

Hawaiian shirts are allowed with proper slacks in all dining rooms.

diamond_ding.gif

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

Most men will be wearing dockers-style slacks and either button-down or polo shirts. A full suit is optional for the optional formal nights, but not necessary (or common on NCL ships).

No shorts or jeans in the Main or Specialty Restaurants after 5:30 p.m., but you can wear shorts or jeans for dinner at the buffet line.

Archived