The Marina - question...

thulewx

Thulewx,

You go out the starboard aft door form the main show lounge (King Olav Lounge on the Legend) go a few steps to the companinonway and down about two decks. At the base of the stairs straight ahead is the tender platform. Turn 180 degrees from this point and walk a few steps forward and you are in a cavernous area where the ships 2 tenders and 2 zodiacs are stored when not in use. The Marina is on the left. If this confusing, not to worry. There will be plenty of staff to show you the way to get dunked by Captain Geir-Arne! :D :D

The "gate" at the head of the companionway to go down to the tender platform and Marina is always closed as Seabourn does not want passengers "hanging out" down there. Passenger access is only granted when the ship is at anchor and tendering passengers or for the Marina Day activities. Hence, for that reason, I suspect it is not shown on the deck plans.

There is also a secret elevator at the very back of the Galley down to the Marina. When Mother and I would go down to take the tender, we always would stroll thru' the Galley, visit with the Cookin' Gang and go down this way. (she was 93 and on her walker)

It's really quite easy though, to go out the back of the Show Lounge and walk down.

Happy Tuesday:D

MB

There is also a secret elevator at the very back of the Galley down to the Marina. When Mother and I would go down to take the tender, we always would stroll thru' the Galley, visit with the Cookin' Gang and go down this way. (she was 93 and on her walker)

It's really quite easy though, to go out the back of the Show Lounge and walk down.

Happy Tuesday:D

MB

Didn't know about the secret elevator. We commented on our cruise how it could be difficult for someone with ambulatory difficulty to negotiate the stairs from the lounge to the tender/marina. Now the secret is out!

Martita, are you sure you didn't just stop by the cookin' gang to get a li'l picnic in case you got peckish ashore?

Johnny, Mother being a Southern lady, did so love to visit......especially with all the sweet cooks, dishwashers and bus boys.......

..she had 'lit eyesight, but evenutally, knew every one of their names and the countries they called home. She knew many of

their birthday's. It was always such a pleasure and delight "cruisin' with Mama!" I miss her everyday!

MB

Marita,

I have often read your posts about your trips with your mother with both a smile and a tear. You were truly blessed to have her for your travelling partner. Hope I get to meet you some day and raise a glass to the extraordinary lady I've read so much about. I'm sure she's smiling down from heaven every time she sees you on one of her ships. :)

Archived