Alcohol, NFL running backs, & naked debauchery…my EOS review with pictures.

That is one hell of a fine review Chris. The wife and I are planning a 12/12/04 sailing on the EOS and look forward to every minute on the Eastern side.. Would love to know when you are planning your next cruise. It would be one great time to cruise with you guys.. and i love to cruise.. Let me know, i might go?? you snow ski??? lol

Sid/LRSkier

lrskier,

Thanks! We are planning our next cruise as we speak and it looks like we have settled on 5/8/2005. You, and whoever else is interested, are more than welcome to join us.
It looks like we will have an even bigger (and more wild) group with us this time.

Skiing!!! Would you believe I've never even been in snow! That's the price you pay for growing up in dreary Florida :D .

Have fun in December...take care.

Chris

Wait a minute ... I thought the only people getting naked in the hot tubs were on the Carnival ships (ha ha!!).

Seriously, what a great review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope we have just a tiny bit of that fun you all were having on our December cruise, and it will be a huge success! Thanks.

Beth

[quote name='grizzy']lrskier,

Thanks! We are planning our next cruise as we speak and it looks like we have settled on 5/8/2005. You, and whoever else is interested, are more than welcome to join us.
It looks like we will have an even bigger (and more wild) group with us this time.

Skiing!!! Would you believe I've never even been in snow! That's the price you pay for growing up in dreary Florida :D .

Have fun in December...take care.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Hey guy, what ship have you guys settled on then?? And if you haven't yet done the snow ski, omg, the hot tubs are a daily thing at the slopes.. Lake Tahoe and Caesars is a blast......
Sid

• 2 weeks later...
PlaneJoy & Cruisin' Patty,

Thanks! Part of the (a small part at least) is re-living your cruise through a review.

bemarshall,

I've sailed on Carnival before and I know it has that reputation. I think each year RCCL gets a little more of a party atmosphere.
Have a great time in December!

lrskier,

We are doing the Explorer again. Well maybe not since this new pricing thing sucks! A lot in our group have talked about just doing a land vacation this year if the prices don't get better :mad: . We have grown acustom to the value (low prices on the internet) of cruising and it's hard to justify paying $300 or more for the same product! I don't feel like my platinum status is making any difference at all! If we decide to cruise it could even be with another line.

bhughey,

Thanks! :D

Chris

• 2 months later...
Thanks for your entertaining review. We had a lot of laughs reading it. Your pics (and so many of them too:) ) are great. Travelling in a group is sooooo much fun. While we set out as a couple for our Hawaii cruise this past fall, we met 3 other couples on board (via cruise critic) - and the 8 of us had a blast. Of course, we are somewhat older (4o's/50's) and didn't quite party quite as long as you "kids". We definetely didn't get naked in the hot tubs (older wrinkled and sagging bodies are not pretty:) ), but we did have a loads of fun.

Again, thanks for sharing your cruise memories with us.

Sue

KamloopsCruisers,

Cruising with a group of friends is the way to go. That way you will always find someone who wants to do something that intrests you.

Oh, and by the way, we don't descriminate on the the hot tub action :D !

FaithsAngel,

Funky huh. I like that.

VABeach,

Thanks!

Chris

[quote name='grizzy']KamloopsCruisers,

Cruising with a group of friends is the way to go. That way you will always find someone who wants to do something that intrests you.

Oh, and by the way, we don't descriminate on the the hot tub action :D !

Chris[/QUOTE]

ha!ha! Think we'll take a rain cheque on the naked hot tub. :)

Just DH and I on our B2B on the Voyageur at the end of the month, but we intend on having loads of fun anyway. Snowing and cold here today, so any day on board ship in the sunshine will be great.

Sue

They are awesome...we were in them til 7am on the EOS last Sept (of course with my bikini) but maybe next time I will bear all :o since we were the only 4 crazy people out there at that hour...oh yeah except for the morning joggers......;)

That is what cruises are all about fun...fun...fun...:)
N

[QUOTE]but maybe next time I will bear all since we were the only 4 crazy people out there at that hour...[/QUOTE]

I like your style!

We are expecting a pretty big group this year....could be around 25 or so. Not sure if they can handle us :D .

Chris

LOL Funky is a great word :p

I would *love* to do a group cruise.............we got me, mum and my best mate so far!!! lol We're working on other friends to join us!!!

Dunno bout skinny dippin in the hot tubs tho........I'm kinda shy!!! lol

Gem ;)

[QUOTE]Dunno bout skinny dippin in the hot tubs tho........I'm kinda shy!!! lol[/QUOTE]

It's amazing what some beer, coco loco's, or some wine will do for your courage. Being in the Caribbean in the summer doesn't hurt either.

This was great, we are going May 22nd so we will miss your fun group, however reading this review and looking at the pics is getting me fired up. May can't come fast enough!!! And because of this, I do believe we are going to upgrade to the junior suite!!

che

I was looking at your photos of the room and had a question regarding the divider. We are traveling with a child and were looking for a cabin that has a room divider/curtain so she could sleep on a sofa bed and we could stay up later on the other side. From your photos, it looks like the curtain only comes out a couple of feet - is that correct or can you pull it all the way across the room?

Grizzy,

I am sure you guys will have a blast....to bad we are not doing a cruise this year and doing a land vacation...we are waiting for Feb 28th to book the Freedom of the Seas.....

Too bad..I would of loved to join your group...I don't think that ship will ever be the same....people will be lucky having all you guys on this sailing....we love to cruise but when there are groups of really cool people to hang out it...well it just tops it all off....;)

Have fun...maybe one day we will sail the same ship/time..

N

PortugueseLady,

A land Vacation! What's that all about?

Actualy, if it wasn't for us finding a travel agent who would "work with us" we would have passed on cruising with RCCL as well. Their new pricing policy pretty much sucks. I don't even know why they have a Crown & Anchor "Loyalty" program...we are not being treated like platinum members.

Anyway, are you guys still going to South Beach? I would still recomend the Clevelander. Last time I was there I walked right past Spock (Lenornd Nimoy sp?). I'm not a star trek fan but it was kinda cool.

You guys can always join us next time.

CoFamily,

Don't quote me on this but if I remember correctly the curtain didn't come out that far at all. It definitely didn't seperate the room. If you look at [URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/144807114/144807798dXkgYS]this picture[/URL] you will see that the curtain can only be pulled out to the end of the brown tracking. Hope this helps :) .

Chris

Archived