Princess Offers Expanded Capacity to Alaska's

T&J

From Princess.com

5/9/2006

Princess Offers Expanded Capacity to Alaska's Famed Inside Passage in 2007

Amenity-Filled Golden Princess Makes Alaska Debut with Seattle Sailings

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (May 9, 2006) -Alaska's colorful southeast -- from the stunning ice-blue glaciers and deep green forests to brightly hued totem poles and frontier-era gold -- has made Inside Passage cruising one of the favorite ways to visit the 49th state. In 2007, Golden Princess will make her Alaska debut with a series of sailings through these crystal waters, adding a new choice and expanding capacity to Princess' popular Inside Passage program.

Golden Princess, along with Sun Princess, will sail from Seattle, while Dawn Princess cruises on a variety of 10-day sailings from San Francisco. Dawn Princess' schedule will also include two special sailings that feature daylight cruising of Glacier Bay National Park. Together, the three ships offer 53 departures on three itineraries, each offering the convenience of roundtrip travel.

"Golden Princess represents an exciting addition to our Seattle cruise program," said Charlie Ball, president of Princess Tours. "Her more than 700 balcony staterooms give passengers increased opportunities to choose this popular amenity - the perfect place to watch the stunning Alaskan scenery go by. Combining this affordable feature with the addition of the popular Dawn Princess in San Francisco, we're offering a great level of variety on our Inside Passage program. With our exclusive onboard Alaskan content and convenient departure ports, it's easy to see why our cruises are among the best ways to experience Alaska's famed Inside Passage."

Golden Princess and Sun Princess From Seattle

The 2,600-passenger Golden Princess and 1,950-passenger Sun Princess each offer seven-day roundtrip sailings from Seattle with an itinerary that features Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, plus the opportunity to cruise through the dramatic glaciers, rock walls and waterfalls of Tracy Arm and the twin Sawyer Glaciers. Golden Princess will offer 20 voyages departing on Saturdays between May 5 and September 15, 2007, while Sun Princess sails on 20 cruises with Sunday departures beginning on May 6 and continuing through September 16.

Dawn Princess from San Francisco

The 1,950-passenger Dawn Princess will take over the popular 10-day roundtrips from "The City by the Bay" on 13 departures between May 11 and September 8. The ship's itinerary from San Francisco features calls Juneau and Victoria with two additional ports that rotate between Ketchikan, Skagway, Sitka and Icy Strait Point plus premiere glacier viewing with cruising through Tracy Arm. Two special voyages on May 11 and September 8 feature daylight cruising of Glacier Bay National Park in place of Tracy Arm.

Inside Passage cruises complement Princess' other 2007 Alaska option, the "Voyage of the Glaciers" Gulf of Alaska itinerary, available on five ships, sailing between Vancouver and Whittier, including new Wednesday sailings on the intimate Pacific Princess.

Early booking fares for Inside Passage voyages start at $749 per person, based on double occupancy. Cruises will be available for booking on May 20, 2006. Additional information is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.

Thanks for the article. When you posted this article I was on the phone with a TA and he said he had called Princess (while he put me on hold) and said that they wouldnt be available for bookining for Alaska/2007 until August of this year. With seeing this article (and I have heard of May 20th on a prior post) I knew that TA didnt know what he was saying or the agent he talked to didnt know much. I felt I knew more about this cruiseline then he did!! and I am just learning about Princess and learning more everyday due to this site.

Archived