Which cruise?......Help please

ttowners

I'm trying to decide which cruise to choose later this summer......I'm looking at either the Holiday out of New Orleans or the Celebration out of Galveston. There will be 5 in our group.....I'm 35, my wife is 33, our son is 14, and my wife's parents are 54 and 53 years old. Do any of you have any recommendations on which one to choose? If possible, please include reasons why one may be recommended over the other, or not recommended at all. Thank you so much for any help you can give us in making our decision.

TTowners

I'm trying to decide which cruise to choose later this summer......I'm looking at either the Holiday out of New Orleans or the Celebration out of Galveston. There will be 5 in our group.....I'm 35, my wife is 33, our son is 14, and my wife's parents are 54 and 53 years old. Do any of you have any recommendations on which one to choose? If possible, please include reasons why one may be recommended over the other, or not recommended at all. Thank you so much for any help you can give us in making our decision.

TTowners

I sailed on Celebration out of Galveston a few years ago. The thing I liked most about it . . . Texans! I try not to generalize about people. But, the passengers on that ship were the most friendly outgoing bunch I've ever sailed with. The CD said that over 80% of the passengers on our sailing came for TX or OK. Even though the ship is older and the voyage was shorter than the other cruises I've taken, Celebration ranks as one of my favorite cruises.

Of course, I'm not saying that people from the New Orleans area aren't friendly! And, sailing on the Mississippi is a wonderful experience. If you're going to arrive a day in advance, I think New Orleans would be more fun than Galveston.

Unless I was going to spend time in New Orleans before or after the cruise, I'd pick Celebration because it was so darn much fun! (By fun, I don't mean drunken partying. :cool: )

TTowners

Have you given any thought to the seven day Elation... Much better ship...

Archived