Hi We are Sailing on the NCL Dawn on Dec 7.

Hi

We are sailing on the Dawn on Dec 7th for 10 days out of New York.

We were told by someone on our last cruise that this is always rough sailing out of New York to the Caribbean. Since my wife gets sea sick we are concerned Has anyone did this cruise before and how was the weather.

Thanks Joe and Sheryl :)

Rough seas are caused by high winds. It can be windy on any day of the year.

If you're likely to get motion sickness, carry some motion sickness medications. It really doesn't matter which time of the year it is, the seas can be rough.

my husband and i sailed the 4/26 10 day eastern carribean on the dawn...we both received scrips for the patch from our physician...after hearing quite a few negative reports on the patch we decided to go with "Bonine"...which worked out for us just fine...our departure time was to be 4pm so we ingested one chewable Bonine before leaving home...while on our trip...we ingested one each evening before bed...never had a problem with motion sickness...you can purchase "Bonine" at your local CVS or other drug store chain...have a great time...don't forget to post your review...so we can enjoy your curise until our next one!...:D

my husband and i sailed the 4/26 10 day eastern carribean on the dawn...we both received scrips for the patch from our physician...after hearing quite a few negative reports on the patch we decided to go with "Bonine"...which worked out for us just fine...our departure time was to be 4pm so we ingested one chewable Bonine before leaving home...while on our trip...we ingested one each evening before bed...never had a problem with motion sickness...you can purchase "Bonine" at your local CVS or other drug store chain...have a great time...don't forget to post your review...so we can enjoy your curise until our next one!...:D

Bonine can be a great way to avoid motion sickness, but for some people it causes excessive drowsiness that can last up to 24 hours, despite the "non-drowsy formula" claim.

I'd suggest that you try it out before your cruise. See if you are affected in any way that might cause you to not enjoy the cruise to its fullest.

Hope you have calm seas and a wonderful trip!

Archived