How do guests dress for the wedding?

I am going on a wedding cruise in June and was wondering, how do the guests dress? The wedding I am attending is scheduled for 3:00p.m. in the afternoon. The wedding will be taking place on one of the formal dining nights. Is 3:00p.m too early to get dressed in formal attire? I am taking a long dress for the evening, but I am concerned about the afternoon wedding. Do you think I should take a different dress for the occassion? Trust me, my closet is packed full of nice dresses to take...I was just wondering if it is necessary. The bride will be in a full length, formal wedding dress and the guys in tuxedos.

I would think it would be totally appropriate to dress formally especially since the wedding party is in formal attire. On our last cruise many people were on the main decks in formal attire early because of the captain's party that night and also to get photos taken. The Captain's party started at 5 pm in one of the main entertainment lounges.

Archived