Balcony and Smoking Question

dairyou

Cotton.Good to see you back, even if it is just one of these kind of pointless discussions about smoking. Hope your FEMA trailer is history, and that you are back home.

Hey Puma... Well, after all these months, the FEMA trailer is no longer; was grateful for it, but glad it's in the past.

Wanna buy a 1/2 acre corner lot on the beach in Gulfport? Empty lot, debris from my house finally cleared away. My son built me a small house on his land - Back Bay Biloxi. My new 'home'.:rolleyes::)

Thx for your concern.

I can't answer that. I just asked my wife (she is a smoker as well) and she can't remember. For some reason we was under the impression that you could not smoke in the cabins so we did not. Rick

Sometimes I wonder if folks just 'think' they can't smoke in their cabins because there are no ashtrays in sight.....??

I've never been in any cabin with an ashtray. I always had to ask the cabin steward to get one for me, with no problem. However, the last few cruises, I've just taken my own small patio ash tray.

Once again - There are NO non-smoking cabins on Carnival ships!;)

.........Pairidise failed because it was all non-smoking. If they had only made it half and half she would still be sailing.

.......The Paradise is still sailing.......;)

I just recently booked my first balcony cabin. If there is someone next to me smoking cigars all the time, and I have to smell that every time I step out on the balcony, I'm gonna say something. Of course, if they smell what I'm smoking, well, then that's another story all in itself.

:D

I just recently booked my first balcony cabin. If there is someone next to me smoking cigars all the time, and I have to smell that every time I step out on the balcony, I'm gonna say something.

Of course, if they smell what I'm smoking, well, then that's another story all in itself.

I really don't understand why people talk like the smoke makes a mad dash for their balcony:rolleyes: .

Please give us the particulars of your sailing so the proper authorities can be notified:rolleyes:

I just recently booked my first balcony cabin. If there is someone next to me smoking cigars all the time, and I have to smell that every time I step out on the balcony, I'm gonna say something. Of course, if they smell what I'm smoking, well, then that's another story all in itself.

What are you going to say??? :confused: They are well within their rights to smoke on their balcony (as long as it's legal :rolleyes: )... so who are you going to say something to and what do you think it will matter???

You are right, let me rephrase my statement.

I would kindly ask what their schedule was so that we would not offend each other. How's that?

;)

Schedule:confused: :confused: On vacation:confused: Whats that:confused:

We have had a balcony about 4 times. Twice out of 4 times, we had someone smoking on the balcony some of the time. The other 2 times, it was nice. This past Feb. on Liberty, we had idiots that just slammed the balcony door all the time even 3 in the am. I tried to ignore them but some people just have no consideration at all.

We have had a balcony about 4 times. Twice out of 4 times, we had someone smoking on the balcony some of the time. The other 2 times, it was nice. This past Feb. on Liberty, we had idiots that just slammed the balcony door all the time even 3 in the am. I tried to ignore them but some people just have no consideration at all.

The same thing happened to us on the Liberty this past March, with the balcony doors slamming. We never noticed it before on all the other ships we were on. I don't recall the other ships doors closing hard like that.

Then again we have not been on that class of ship before. I agree, very annoying:mad:

Yes, passengers have the "right" to smoke on their balconies whenever they wish, and I have the "right" to have audible sex on my balcony while my boombox spews death metal or filthy rap lyrics (at a reasonable volume, of course). But there is something to be said for consideration. It's a quaint and somewhat dated concept these days, but there you are. Call me old school.

Yes, passengers have the "right" to smoke on their balconies whenever they wish, and I have the "right" to have audible sex on my balcony while my boombox spews death metal or filthy rap lyrics (at a reasonable volume, of course). But there is something to be said for consideration. It's a quaint and somewhat dated concept these days, but there you are. Call me old school.

And your point?

Hi,

We are thinking of staying in a balcony for the first time in November. Husband is worried that he'll pay the extra to sit outside and smell smoke from surrounding cabins.

Is this true?

Deb

My first cruise on Carnvial Valor on May 2005 I stayed in a balcony cabin and the people from both cabins on my side smoked. I couldn't enjoy my balcony and wrote Carnvial about it. I never received a response and now I decided to book a cruise on RCI. My second cruise on Carnival Liberty this past April 2006 I stayed in a suite with a balcony and no smoke was noted on my sides but people smoked above me and I smelled it but it wasn't as bad as the sides.

My opinion is that cruise ships should not allow smoking in the cabins and balconies. There should be designated smoking areas on the ship where if a fire occurred it can be put out immediately. But in the end, I still prefer a balcony and just hope I don't get one next to the chain smoking neighbor.

200705130500_101.gif

Granduer of the Seas, we had a suite very forward, almost right under the bridge, and yet nightly we smelled pot smoke. We were thinking someone had a lot of nerve!! But otherwise, never have we had cigarette smoke bother us and have always had a balconey, and used it ALOT.

I feel this is very controversial issue. This issue will be alive and well way after we are dead and gone. If you are a non smoker and have a bad experience with smoke in your face, try to take care of the problem at that time. You will find that most smokers are considerate of others:)

And if you are a smoker, please be considerate of others:)

Now please lets put this to rest:)

And to the OP, your answer is yes you can have a wonderful experience having a balcony room on a cruise ship. (without smoke) we have and many people on this board has.:) Please do not decide to settle for a room without a balcony just by peoples opinions. Try it for yourself:)

Good luck and have a wonderful time!

Just back off a wonderful cruise on Imagination...loved the ship, crew, and Jamaica :) However, some smokers are inconsiderate, not Carnivals fault.

some will smoke on the "non smoking" tables on lido..others will even smoke up on the "smoke free" deck chairs, especially on the last sea day.

Last night a family of 8 chain smokers invaded the shangri la lounge..never stopped smoking, would leave their burning cigarettes at the table .

Electric slide?? My friends and I sat out that round when 2 of the chain smoking family women were dancing with cigs in their hands or mouths..ugh

Really the cruise was great, great food, fun, ports, not bad for lines, NO "chair hogs" but we really did have some "cig pigs", also a few guys smoking ugly cigars on lido deck.

Oh yes, all the smokers here on cruise critic say they are "considerate"...and they never ever throw butts overboard...well just hope you don't get near someone like the "chainsmoker" family, or the cigar guys. Plus, add booze and maybe the "polite smokers" are NOT so polite.

I would hate to be stuck next to a cigar smoker on a balcony...ewww

As long as there are smokers there will be issues with smoke, because smoke doesn't know the difference between the smoking area and the non smoking area. It goes wherever it pleases.

Thats what kills me when there used to be smoking in restuarants. Just because you are seated on the non smoking side doesn't mean you are not going to breath in smoke. It's everywhere. The only difference is that you are not seated next to someone who is smoking.

........some will smoke on the "non smoking" tables on lido..

I have never seen anybody smoking in the Lido dining area.

........others will even smoke up on the "smoke free" deck chairs, especially on the last sea day.

Why 'especially on the last sea day'...?

.......also a few guys smoking ugly cigars on lido deck.

Cigars are suppose to be smoked in the 'cigar lounge' only.

Looks like your cruise had some ship's personnel who were NOT doing their job. Several times, I've seen waiters and other crew members remind folks they are not allowed to smoke in those areas. I've seen this a few times on Lido around the pool.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise though.:)

We never experienced all the smoke from others smoking on their balconies.. I am a smoker.. and I rarely smoked on my balcony because it was windy...

As for cigars my SO likes to smoke one every now and then.. and they are only premitted in the cigar bar or outside decks..

Archived