Ranch Dressing on Mercury?

cruisin'mama

HI!

I have tried posting this question in the Foodies board with no responses, so I thought I'd come straight over here to those 'in the know'. I will be on Mercury in June with my son who has Down Syndrome and is a very picky eater. I have heard that Celebrity does not offer Ranch dressing for their salads. Does anyone know if this is true? That is all my son likes and I will bring some along with me if I need too. Also, has anyone seen a Kids Menu lately? The last one I saw did not have chicken nuggets as an option for the kids? Will I be able to order these for him?

Thanks for any help you can provide for me!

Cathy

I don't remember Ranch as a choice. I usually have the Celebrity dressing or the Blue Cheese. Celebrity makes all their salad dressings on board as well as their ice creams. Also they bake all their own breads onboard daily. The croissants and bread sticks are fantastic.

Thanks for the quick reply!! What is the Celebrity dressing? Anything like ranch that I could "fool" him? would it be tacky to bring a bottle of dressing into the dining room with me? Can't wait to try the breads. That is one of my weaknesses!

Cathy

You might want to try posting over on the disabled cruisers thread too. I know there are several people who have cruised with children with special needs before and dining topics seem to come up often. They probably have lots of good advice and/or knowledge of what Celebrity can do to help you make it a smoother trip for your son.

It's my understanding that X does not typically offer Ranch dressing, but you might could have them provide it if you call and speak to someone before hand since they typically meet special dietary needs (which I would classify this as). But, since mix-ups do happen, and this is an important aspect of his dining, I would probably bring a bottle of his favorite dressing just to be on the safe side. I doubt anyone would question you, and if they do you can just explain the situation.

Have a great time in Alaska! :D

HI!

I have tried posting this question in the Foodies board with no responses' date=' so I thought I'd come straight over here to those 'in the know'. I will be on Mercury in June with my son who has Down Syndrome and is a very picky eater. I have heard that Celebrity does not offer Ranch dressing for their salads. Does anyone know if this is true? That is all my son likes and I will bring some along with me if I need too. Also, has anyone seen a Kids Menu lately? The last one I saw did not have chicken nuggets as an option for the kids? Will I be able to order these for him?

Thanks for any help you can provide for me!

Cathy[/quote']

Hi Cathy !

I do believe they have chicken nuggets. I do not think it will be a problem finding them. At the very least, I know I have seen fried chicken strips, and they were excellent. I am sure you can ask your Maitre'd to arrange to have it made for your son on a daily basis.

As for Ranch Dressing, I do not recall seeing it, but I cannot imagine that the chefs would have a problem making it for you. To be on the safe side, I would make 2 suggestions:

1. Bring a recipe for it. The Chef's onboard are incredible. I feel confident they will come through for you.

2. Bring a bottle or 2 with you, in case you have to be 100% certain to have it.

I would also suggest having your Travel Agent, call Special Services. Celebrity has a department for passengers who have Special needs. I feel they can be of assistance to you.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time on your Cruise !

Thanks for the suggestion. I posted over on the disabled cruisers thread too to see if anyone might have any advise for me. I appreciate all your help !!!! I will call Celebrity's Special Services and see what they say. Also I will check into the casual dining dressing options. You all have been so helpful, I knew I could count on the X people!!! Thank you again!

Cathy

Archived