norwalk virus concerns

gbeer424

One tip that I found here on CC and found to be most helpful was to bring along disinfecting wipes. I know, I sound a bit like "Monk", but I think the logic is sound. Even though the staterooms have been thoroughly cleaned between passengers, I doubt that they really go over the door knobs, light switches, telephones, tv switches, etc. that completely. Your last cruiser could have been confined to quarters, leaving behind echos of their personal misery. We always go over every surface that might be "iffy" with these wipes when we first board. We also bring along our personal hand sanitizers and gratefully help ourselves to what is being offered onboard.

I also do this when staying in hotel rooms, timeshare condos, etc. For the $ and the time spent, it's well worth it - that old "ounce of prevention" and all.

To the poster who is allergic to perfume...

I believe that the hand sanitizer used on HAL is Purell. I could be wrong, of course. Purell is 62 percent alcohol. I believe that most other products are mostly alcohol, as well.

So, you could always just get a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and use that, instead of the sanitizer. The only odor I remember from our trip on the Oosterdam in April, was a strong alcohol smell. The downside is that alcohol will dry you skin pretty badly. Follow it with a hand cream.

Paul Noble

Archived