Port Canaveral question

rwdtgb

I know this probably has been asked many times but I did a search and could not find.

We are driving to the port on June 3,2006 to go on the Glory. Can anyone tell me if the parking garage ever fills up and if so what time should we get there?

Thanks for your help

Tom

We have sailed the Glory twice and never had a problem with the garage being filled. We usually get to the port around 11:00. Port Canaveral is the easiest terminal for parking and getting on board. Very new and very clean.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

I usually get there around 11:00 a.m. and have never found the garage crowded. There is a big lot next to the garage (you drive through it to get to the garage). In fact, I've never had to go above the first level to find a parking place.

Getting there at 11:00, I've always been on the ship and eating at the Lido buffet by 12:15. Then, I hit the pool deck and spend the afternoon in the sun.

btw - if you get to the port and see that there is a lot of traffic in the drop off area (and you can handle your bags or can flag down a porter), just go and park. Traffic can get tough in the drop off area as it gets later in the day. You have to make a kinda figure 8 if you drop your bags off - you drive the length of the ship - the right lane takes you into the parking lot, left lane takes you to the baggage drop off. For baggage drop off, you turn back to the left (like you're heading back out of the port), drop your bags on the right side of the car, drive around the baggage cirlce and head back out (again, like you are heading out of the port), make a u-turn at the area where you originally entered the area that runs the length of the ship, get into the right lane and then head into the parking area. If you park, you simply carry/wheel your bags across the street. I've always found a porter to take the bags from the car in the parking lot. If you get there early (before the buses start arriving), the baggage drop off isn't bad...later, it can take forever.

Have fun! Port Canaveral is a great port to leave from. And, the Glory is a wonderful ship!! (I've been on it 3 times in the last 18 months!)

Archived