How soon in advance do you book?

As you can see, we have already booked for October of 2005 and are waiting on itineraries for the Spring of 2006. Book now if you don't mind the deposit and if prices go down, your t/a should be able to get you the lower price.

Jim

As long as you book with a decent travel agent, your price will drop with any price drops that happen...just keep an eye out yourself on RCI's website. I've never had a problem with a TA not dropping the price before final payment is due because they know that you can cancel and just rebook at the lower price.

When shopping for an agent, this is one thing you might want to ask them how they handle.

I'd book now if you know you want to go.

We booked this past March for our cruise Feb. 4th, 2005 on the Brilliance of the Seas Panama 10 night trip. Happy we did early because we wanted a particular stateroom in Category D1, and I went to check a few websites along with RCI site to get price for friend but this category was not listed. I called RCI and was informed that all balcony cabins in Cat. D1 are sold out. We would rather book early and if anything happens you can always cancel and get full refund of deposit up until 60 days before. If you do not care what cabin you will get, you can wait. If ever prices go down, our TA always takes care of our reduction.

We booked Med Sept 2005 the day after it came out, and that was in March. Never too soon if you grab the opportunity for best pricing and best cabin location. Sometimes, and not often if you book from the start prices drop. If they do, you usually are able to take advantage of that. Mostly if you book early your prices are the best, that's why so many savvy/experienced cruisers know when to book for the value. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask! :)

Archived