Weather Question...

Ok I know weather can change at the drop of a hat so I should not take the 10 day forcast to heart.... But we are doing an Eastern Cruise and the forcast shows rain/t-showers every day on the 10 day forcast. (yes I know my cruise starts in 9 days so only 1 day is for my cruise, but the forcast has shown rain every day for the last week also so I am curious) My question is this; is the caribbean like southern Florida where it does rain every single day, but only for 15-30 minutes a day, with the rest of the day bright and sunny, or is this forcast indicative of a dreary week?

It's like Florida. it may rain for 30 minutes and then the sun will come out. We were on a cruise that stopped in Antigua last week. When we got off the ship it was cloudy and it started to rain as soon as we got in to a taxi to go to the beach. It rained all the way to the beach (about 30 minutes). When we got there it became sunny and it turned out to be a perfect day. A couple of years ago we took a cruise and the forecast was for rain in every port. It actually only rained in one port for a couple of hours. I put no faith in those long range forecasts.

The week we were going it said the same thing with rain and t-storms. We never saw a drop of rain for the entire week, so don't get upset.Besides the long range are so inaccurate. Most times they don't know exactly what is going to happen until the day before.

I was on a Southern Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving. Forecast (right up to the day of departure) called for rain in every port, every day we were to be there. We had gorgeous weather in every port. Okay...well it rained in St. Maarten...for about 15 minutes at 8:00 a.m. then it cleared and was gorgeous for the rest of the day. But technically, the forecast was right...it did rain.

Ok I know weather can change at the drop of a hat so I should not take the 10 day forcast to heart.... But we are doing an Eastern Cruise and the forcast shows rain/t-showers every day on the 10 day forcast. (yes I know my cruise starts in 9 days so only 1 day is for my cruise' date=' but the forcast has shown rain every day for the last week also so I am curious) My question is this; is the caribbean like southern Florida where it does rain every single day, but only for 15-30 minutes a day, with the rest of the day bright and sunny, or is this forcast indicative of a dreary week?[/quote']

We had one all day rain event last week in St. Maarten... sunny the rest of the time. It said it was going to rain on several other days.

:o Thanks, I was hoping it was the same as Florida, the Weather.com forcast always says rain, but it is so short you will sometimes come outside from a store and find evrything soaked, but not a cloud left in the sky

Archived