Restaurant Recommendations for all islands

kml1211

A good place to start would be here - our local paper's yearly roundup of the "best" restaurants in Hawaii.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/specials/bestrestaurants05/

I'd say I agree with the majority of choices in here. There are a few exceptions but in general ... :)

Spleen

Thanks for posting this link, Spleen. Lots of great restaurant ideas there.

Didnt the 06 version of that list just come out? Or was that the people's choice?

Anyway, with kids, I love going to Tanaka of Tokyo. The service is outstanding....they cook at your table so its very entertaining and the food is terrific (the salmon is great!). There are 3 branches in Waikiki. I love the "East" one best. Mr. Cross is the manager and will do anything for you if you email your reservations ahead of time...especially if its a special event.

For Sushi, I love California Beach Rock and Sushi at Ward....great rolls, awesome Nigri shushi....happy hour from 5-6 means $1 sushi at the bar.

For Thai, I love Keo's in Waikiki....in comparison to waikiki restaurants, a great value (our last bill with cocktails was around $55)

For Chinese, Little Village Noodle House in Chinatown. Cant beat the free parking either.

For mass quanities of Italian, Bucca Di Beppo at Ward Center is a great place to feed a LOT of people a LOT of food for little cash.

With teens, places that are kitchy are fun for them....Don Ho's, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood...Bubba Gumps etc. Not my favorite eats, but fun to look around.

In Maui, some of the best restaurants in or near Lahaina are (in no particular order)

Kimo's

Cheesburger in Paradise

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

Aloha Mixed Plate (great for lunch)

Cascades (at the Hyatt)

Longhi's

I'o

and if you've got a car....my ultimate FAVE

Mama's Fish House (near Hoo'kipa Beach)

Donna/konakraft

Archived