AB Penthouse on Dawn - have question

kowkitty

Hi,

Each year my best friend and I do a "girl" trip to get together and relax. Next year we are booking on the Dawn out of NYC for April 2007. We are booking the AB Penthouse - yes we like to spoil ourselves!!

Just wanted to check - there is a master bedroom & a second smaller bedroom? two bathrooms - one master and one smaller?

We were going to just book two connecting balcony rooms but it is only a bit more for the penthouse!!!

Anyone have any idea on appropriate tips for the butler?

Thanks for any info

Jackie

:D

Instead of two bedrooms, think of it more as one seperate bedroom, with the other bed being in the main open large cabin area where everything else is. I think the AB is about 3x the size of a balcony cabin. I know on the pride of america the AB has a hot tub on the balcony, so you get fresh air and ocean view right from the tub, that's outrageous. :) Don't know if they do that on the Dawn.

Instead of two bedrooms, think of it more as one seperate bedroom, with the other bed being in the main open large cabin area where everything else is. .

Not the case on the Star, Dawn, Jewel, POHI, or Pearl - the AB is in fact two seperate bed/Bathroom areas and a public living room.

In fact an AB is just over 2X an an AF mini

16_s2.gif

Hi,

Thanks for any info

Jackie

You are going to love this penthouse. Tipping butler not a simple answer.

Lots of views - start reading

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3227349

Answer ranges form nothing to $500. General range seems to be $100-$200 depending on the services you consume.

The Dawn AB penthouse has one very large bedroom and TV with DVD player and a huge oversized bath with jacuzzi with flat screen TV at the foot of it, Large closet space and storage cabinets, vanity seat with mirror and lights and a large window while the second bedroom is very small, windowless, with a bed made out of a pull down couch and the standard bath with shower. It has a small closet and very llittle floor space and a small TV on the nightstand...the only furniture in the room. How would you share this space? It would be tough.

The Dawn AB penthouse has one very large bedroom and TV with DVD player and a huge oversized bath with jacuzzi with flat screen TV at the foot of it, Large closet space and storage cabinets, vanity seat with mirror and lights and a large window while the second bedroom is very small, windowless, with a bed made out of a pull down couch and the standard bath with shower. It has a small closet and very llittle floor space and a small TV on the nightstand...the only furniture in the room. How would you share this space? It would be tough.

SWitch half way thru the cruise, that way they both get to enjoy the big BR.

SWitch half way thru the cruise, that way they both get to enjoy the big BR.

Great Answer!!!!! When I first saw the question I assumed that they would not be speaking at the end of the cruise! Very un-equal accomodations.

Hi,

Each year my best friend and I do a "girl" trip to get together and relax. Next year we are booking on the Dawn out of NYC for April 2007. We are booking the AB Penthouse - yes we like to spoil ourselves!!

Just wanted to check - there is a master bedroom & a second smaller bedroom? two bathrooms - one master and one smaller?

We were going to just book two connecting balcony rooms but it is only a bit more for the penthouse!!!

Thanks for any info

Jackie

We just go back from the Dawn in Opal Suite 11530.

We took my Mother-in-Law with us and she could have here own space in her cabin (11528) (inside our cabin 11530) the with bathroom. It worked out well.

If you want to see pics, just click on the link at the bottom to our webshots photos.

It's a beautiful suite and there's PLENTY of room.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Yes, I hear you on the "taking turns in the big room" however.... We sometimes take turns paying for our yearly get together depending on our budgets that year and this year I'm paying so.... I don't feel too bad about spending more time in the big bedroom!!

Jackie

We just go back from the Dawn in Opal Suite 11530.

We took my Mother-in-Law with us and she could have here own space in her cabin (11528) (inside our cabin 11530) the with bathroom. It worked out well.

If you want to see pics, just click on the link at the bottom to our webshots photos.

It's a beautiful suite and there's PLENTY of room.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty ~

Enough closet space for 3 women?

Monty ~

Enough closet space for 3 women?

Yes, plenty and plenty of hangers. You can always bring the "over-the-door" shoe hanger for the most important part of the wardrobe, the shoes to match EVERYTHING;)

Happy Sailing,

Monty

You will have plenty of room. We were on the 4/16 and we were 4 in the Amber Suite 11560 .Two kids with plenty of stuff.What I liked was all the drawers and in the bathroom all the space you will ever need. I would still bring one of those shoe hangers for the second bathroom.You will love the ab I think the three of you will do just fine.

Yes, plenty and plenty of hangers. You can always bring the "over-the-door" shoe hanger for the most important part of the wardrobe, the shoes to match EVERYTHING;)

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thanks, Monty, for the quick reply.

Shoe hanger way to go for this sailing. I do fine with my shoes when sailing with DH.

One more question...if we are 4 women...should we choose an AA with adjoining balcony cabin or stick to the AB???

Don't want to make a "crowded" decision.

AB sounds fine for 3 of us. If 4....not sure?

"first" cruise for all of the women except me and I can't live without the butler;)

If 4, would you choose the AA + adjoining balcony cabin? Or still go with the AB?

Thanks for your advice..really appreciate it:)

If you can afford the AA on the Dawn, go for it! An amazing experience. The balconies are to die for. And the level of treatment from the concierge is awesome - reserved seating in the theater, etc.

How big is the balcony in the AB? Is it as large as the balcony in my aft BA on deck 10? I saw one and for some reason it looked smaller.

All the balcony sizes can be seen on the NCL site by clicking on room numbers in the reservation process. The BA is 38 SF, the AF and AB show the same 54 SF size. In the AB half the room width is taken by the bath.

good views of the AB can be seen here.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/norwegiandawn.htm

We'll be going for the 4th time in December.

Did one AD in between-much bigger balcony but I like forward as opposed to aft.

Happy Mother's Day

Denise

Hi Denise,

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Off topic: Are you sailing on Dec. 28th?

Barb

Archived