Junior Suites on Explorer of the Seas

Hi everyone,

I want to book a Junior Suite on Explorer of the Seas and I need your advice before I make my decision. I have a questions. There will be 4 of us sharing this cabin and I understand that the two kids will have to share a bed. There does not appear to be any upper berths.

My questions involve the balcony.

1. How many chaise lounges would fit on the balconies of a JS that is located at the Centrum of the ship?

2. Could you have a table placed there for meals?

3. If more chairs fit and they aren't on the balcony, can you request them?

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance :)

Teri

We had a JS on the Explorer 2 years ago. If I remember correctly there were 2 chairs on the balcony with a table between them.....we had a couple of room service breakfasts out there!

I really don't know if you can request more chairs, and if they will even fit!

Enjoy the suite...there is plenty of room for the 4 of you!!

Ollie:)

Cookie,

The JS balcony on Explorer is the same depth as all balconies along the sides....maybe 4.5-5 feet....so not very deep. Of couse, the JS is a wider cabin so the balcony is the width of the cabin...10-12 feet. Chaise lounges take up a lot of room (cause they have to be angled) so more than one would be pretty tight. Four chairs and a small table (place width wise) would be possible, but crowded. You will have the table that is already on the balcony and you could take the coffee table that is in the room out there...either way, with four seated you have pretty much maxed the space.

The aft balconies are deeper, of course, and can hold a lot more furniture but not all aft JS's are quads (just looked...aft JSs on deck 6 and 7 are quads.)

Most of the time, there are two chairs and a small table on those JS side balconies. I have had no problems requesting furniture but some posters have had resistence from their stewards upon requesting lounge chairs...regular chairs probably won't be as much of a problem.

I have some pics of the JS balcony we had on Explorer at the link in my signature below. While it was not a hump balcony I think it will give you some idea about the size and depth (or lack thereof).

We had a JS on VOS las year and a JS guarantee on EOS this year. We had a hump cabin last year. The balcony had enough room for regular chairs and one of the lounge chairs that has the matching ottoman for your legs. We also had a 32 square inch roll up table. Everything fit fine.

If the ship is underway, you may find it too windy to enjoy a relaxed meal on your balcony. I don't like to be chasing my napkin the whole time I'm trying to eat! We've always had at least 1 lounge chair-- Last JS was at the end of the hall--had a larger balcony then all the others, due to the superstructure of the ship! Added bonus for us! Still, the wind was too much for me to handle having meal there. I prefer being waited on in the dining room!

Archived