Chair/Umbrella rentals Megan's Bay?

terri1020

Does anyone know if there is a chair/umbrella rental stand at Megan's Bay and if so, how much they cost? I read that there is a $3pp entrance fee but read nothing about chair rentals.

Thanks, Terri

Hi Terri,

We were at Magen's Bay in March. You will pay an entrance fee, plus a fee for chair rental. I think we payed about $10 for 2 chairs. I don't remember seeing umbrellas, but there are shade trees, at the edge of the beach. I would suggest getting there early. It was really nice in the morning, but the crowds started to arrive, at about noon. We left around 2:00, and there was a long line of cars and buses, waiting to get in. We liked the beach, and the water was nice. We are going to St. John's in Sept. on a business/Pleasure trip. Can't wait to go back. Have a good trip.

Tammy

Thank you, Tammy, for the information. Since we would be getting to the beach at about 1-2pm, I'm second guessing myself now. We'll have my 78 year old mom with us so it in important that we get her a chair in shade. I'm waiting to hear what the other two beaches are like and we'll make our plans accordingly. Appreciate any advice or information.

Terri

Terri,

I forgot ,that we had to pay, a deposit on the chairs, that you got back, when you returned them. The day we were there, was on a Sunday, so maybe that was the reason, it was so crowded. There was a small outdoor food place there. The food was pretty good. If you are looking for a secluded beach, this is probably not the one, but we liked fine for one day off the cruise ship. Have a fun trip.

Hello Terri,

Most beaches here in the VI don't have umbrella rentals. Some of the resorts have umbrellas set up for their guests along the beach. The only non-resort beach that comes to mind with umbrella rentals is Coki.

What are your beach needs besides shade/chairs for your Mom? And what are the three beaches you are looking at?

--Islander

Islander,

Thanks for the info. We need shade for her - shade from trees is great. We need a chair and I guess a bathroom. The three beaches available to us are Coki, Sapphire and Megan's. The ages of the people in our group are 16-78.

Terri

Hello Terri,

Magens and Sapphire will have tree shade. Coki, no trees but you can rent an umbrella. Bathrooms at all three; Sapphire would have the nicest onces (there is a resort there) then Magens, then Coki. All have food, drinks. Coki and Sapphire have snorkeling if that is important to the younger folks in your group. And Sapphire has watersports stuff, again if the younger folks wanted to kayak or something along those lines.

--Islander

Hello all,

I would like to know which beaches have blue/turquoise water (that you can see your toes :p ):

San Juan

St. Thomas

Tortola

I am leaving on 05/20/06 and being from NYC, I am really looking forward to being in clear clean water

Thanks in advance :D

water.JPG.354584a7621798374be2a6dfb714f7ab.JPG

Archived