NCL Jewel to Meditteranean - Minisuites

Anyone stayed in the Minisuites on the Jewel? the price difference between the minisuites and a balcony stateroom aren't that great, and the rooms look a bit larger.

My biggest concern is being up on deck 11, versus deck 8 or 9 for a regular stateroom. Is ship motion going to be more noticeable on 11?

BTW - can anyone tell me what the Western Meditteranean conditions are like in July/August?

Thanks.....

Hi

Just returned from Transatlantic Jewel crossing, ready for the med season. I had a balcony cabin on deck 9 which i felt adequately suited 2 persons. We had a mini-suite on the Dawn deck 11 which was perfect as there was 2 & 2 children 17 & 12. The Mini Suite is good, virtually identical layout, obviously larger in size. Mini Suite has bath and bathrobes provided. This is the only difference i see between the two. No real extra perks by having the Mini Suite, it comes down to personal choice. Noise levels: Deck 11 we had creaking noises on rough sea days, where as lower down the noises were minimal, except for the noise of the ship cutting the waves as we had our balcony at front of ship.

A ship is like a pendelum, the higher you are, the bigger the swing! Although most modern ships, if not all have

stabilizers to minimise roll.

Believe it or not, aft (rear) cabins in the lower categories which also happen to be on the lower levels of the ship always provide a smoother ride in rough seas. (yes, maybe noiser too, in some cases!)

Anyone stayed in the Minisuites on the Jewel? the price difference between the minisuites and a balcony stateroom aren't that great, and the rooms look a bit larger.

My biggest concern is being up on deck 11, versus deck 8 or 9 for a regular stateroom. Is ship motion going to be more noticeable on 11?

BTW - can anyone tell me what the Western Meditteranean conditions are like in July/August?

Thanks.....

We had stateroom 11034 (minisuite mid-forward) on the Jewel in December and loved it. We felt very little "rock and roll" and we had a couple of days that were pretty blustery. For us, the higher the better. If I could afford it, I'd be on deck 14 in the one of the Garden Villas with an occasional jog up to the 15th for a leisurely swim in the villa pool.:D As $40dailycruiser mentioned, the rock is very close to that of a pendelum so the closer you are to center, the less effect you'll experience. With stabilizers deployed, the roll is also minimized. Remember...you're not in the "big blue" but in the Meditteranean... your cruise should be a smooth one... so sit back, relax, drink a pina colada (and another for us) and have a great cruise!

I went through the very same thought process for our May 21st Jewel booking -- in the end, I stayed with my balcony on deck 9. I couldn't see that much difference, except for size, and I was worried about the roll, also. I know the med is not the middle of the Atlantic, but I have heard of rogue waves there. The cost difference, although minimal, I thought could be put toward an excursion, although I would have enjoyed a bathtub.

The difference between or deck or two is minimal. Technically it exists, but keep in mind that this is one BIG ship. All the parts are connected, so the impact comes in small increments.

Meanwhile, ever noticed that for the most part, the most expensive and desired cabins are up high and forward? Hmmmm?

Archived