Promanade Room

We stayed in one on AOS last year. I really liked it. It was fun to people watch from the window seat to people down below on the Promenade. If I can't have a balcony a promenade room would be my next choice. Have a great cruise!

We had a promenade cabin on the Mariner last October and loved it.

We didn't feel like we were in an inside cabin because the window just seem to "open up" the room.

You do have to be careful to remember to close your curtains to keep from giving the other Promenade Rooms a show. We didn't give any shows, but we did see some. ;)

You also have your own private viewing area for the Promenade parades. Although I didn't feel like we could see it very well. I would have rather watched it in the Promenade with a more upclose view. We were on the Deck 8 though. Decks 6 & 7 may have a better view of the parades.

We have a "hump" cabin booked on the Mariner in October:D , but I wouldn't hesitate to book a Promenade cabin again.

I've stayed in promenade cabins a couple of times and they are fine. There is no problem with noise due to the thickness of the window glass. The noise will only penetrate when they have the parades which are very loud. It's definitely better than an inside cabin but a view of the sea from an outside cabin would still be preferable. As mentioned, be sure to close the curtains or you will be on display for all the world to see.

We had a PR room on NOS and really enjoyed it. There was no noise from promenade except for the parade. The noise comes from the next door room if you have a connecting room...you can pretty much hear everything, and, of course, they can hear you.

We had two adjoining rooms on the Mariner - deck 8 Promenade view. My teenagers loved it! For the same reason as the other members posted - great birds-eye view of the mall below and front row seats to the parade. We really enjoyed them and wouldn't hesitate to book them again. And, YES, make sure you shut the curtains - we got a brief (literally) "R" rated "show," by a young couple across the way early on in the cruise.

Archived