Babies on Princess

wuzupnyc

Taking 10 month on a cruise in July and was wondering 2 things:

1 - Can baby go in splash pool with swim diaper?

2 - Do babies pay child rate for excursions (or can they go free, which I'm doubting)?

Thanks for your help.

I took my 13 month old twins on the Sapphire in February. Babies can go in the splash pool. It's the size of a jacuzzi with a little slide and it's less than a foot deep, so it's perfect for a 10 month old. I brought blow up beach balls and my girls had a blast.

You can take a baby on excursions as long as you're not using a seat - so you have to hold the baby in your lap. Since most of the transportation doesn't have seat belts, buying a seat to use your car seat wouldn't work anyway. If you're concerned about your baby in a taxi or bus riding on your lap, you might consider checking the ports of call board for the places you're going and asking for suggestions for excursions with a baby. That's what I did and I found resorts to enjoy that were walking distance.

Have a great time! I think cruising is the ultimate way to travel with a baby (or babies in my case).

Best,

Mia

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for prices of taking a baby on a Princess Cruise. Does anyone have any idea of the cost? I can't seem to find anything on the web-site, guess I could just call them.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

There are no different rates for children. Babies pay the same rate as an adult sharing your cabin, so if there are two parents and one baby, the baby pays the discounted 3rd passenger fare. When I cruise with my twins, since it's just me with two infants, one of the infants is charged the full fare and one pays the discounted 3rd passenger fare.

The 3rd passenger fare for a week seems to range from about $299 - $499 + port charges depending on which cabin category and how popular that specific cruise is.

Archived