Grandeur - Chesapeake Bay

Looked out my window this morning at around 7:45 am and there was GOS passing under the Chesapeake Bay bridge on her way to Baltimore. If I get home in time, I probably will get to see her heading down the Chesapeake on her way to the Caribbean. I am jealous of all the folks that will be on the cruise.

Mark

Mark - I'll wave as I go by on 9/1 (it can't get here soon enough!), but seriously, that has got to be so cool to see. I grew up on the water, and miss being able to see it whenever I want (I can't afford to be that close to water:( ). Here's an idea - rates are great for 9/1 - Join us!

Looked out my window this morning at around 7:45 am and there was GOS passing under the Chesapeake Bay bridge on her way to Baltimore. If I get home in time, I probably will get to see her heading down the Chesapeake on her way to the Caribbean. I am jealous of all the folks that will be on the cruise.

Mark

Well that's something I haven't heard in a long time! When I was 9-11 years old we lived in Pasadena MD and on our way to visit my Aunt in Baltimore we would pass over that bridge. You just brought back a whole lot of memories. I used to be so scared passing over bridges. Isn't there some sort of tunnel too? I remember it being very long. My father was in the Coast Guard so we lived in so many different places it's hard to remember them all.

Well that's something I haven't heard in a long time! When I was 9-11 years old we lived in Pasadena MD and on our way to visit my Aunt in Baltimore we would pass over that bridge. You just brought back a whole lot of memories. I used to be so scared passing over bridges. Isn't there some sort of tunnel too? I remember it being very long. My father was in the Coast Guard so we lived in so many different places it's hard to remember them all.

:) You are thinking of the Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel from the Eastern Shore of VA to the VA Beach - Norfolk area. 3 bridges(now 4 lanes), 2 tunnels ( still one lane each way _North and South). Quite a marvel of engineering!

Quite a convenience for those of us on the Eastern Shore of Maryland ( or Del-Mar- Va also) for going south!

My wife and I did see GOS sailing away last night. It was so cool. It came under the bay bridge (around 8pm) and then sailed under a full moon as it made it's way up the bay. It so motivated us, we booked the RS on the GOS sailing of 8/10/07! lololo

Mark & Janet

Archived