Free bus promotion?

tinker

We booked our cruise in March for Zenith to Bermuda in October and at the time they were running a promotion with free bus transportation from certain areas like PA, NJ, RI and CT.

My sister and her husband may book and curious if the offer still valid or if they will run it again?

I would like to know more about the free bus promotions to the New Jersey port. We live in NJ and although we do not have to travel as far to the port for our cruise to Bermuda ...not having to park our car in long term parking would be wonderful.

Also, if the truth be known we are four in number and we can't fit four people and all our luggage into the car!

Dee Dee,

Our kid lives in Highland Park, and we too were hoping to use the bus, but there is no connection in the area. You might be able to go to Philly and get on.

Here's the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/transportation/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=00006KT63wZ2HuQxHQhGEBayq3W:1051tg60i?pagename=buses

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Boston, Providence, Worcester, Hartford, New London, New Haven, Baltimore, Lancaster, Washington DC .... just to name a few.

Anyone have any information on the Celebrity shuttle from Baltimore to Bayonne?

Celebrity tells me the bus leaves Baltimore at 9 am. What time does it arrive at the ship? I think Celebrity said it arrives at 2:30 pm but it shouldn't take 5.5 hours to drive from Baltimore to Bayonne.

There's a bus that leaves Washington, DC at 8 am. Is this the bus that stops at Baltimore? And other cities after Baltimore? Or does the Baltimore bus leave Baltimore and drive straight through to Bayonne?

I'm torn between the convenience of taking the bus and arriving at 2:30 pm or driving my car and arriving at 11 am and getting on the ship early.

Could you please let us know your opinion of the bus service when you get back. We have signed up for it also and are still not sure if we will use it or not. Although I like the convience of not driving I was also wondering about the arrival time. I would think the 5.5 hours is a very generous estimate. Maybe they say that long so if we get there earlier it will be a bonus. Thanks in advance

Suzanne

Anyone have any information on the Celebrity shuttle from Baltimore to Bayonne?

Celebrity tells me the bus leaves Baltimore at 9 am. What time does it arrive at the ship? I think Celebrity said it arrives at 2:30 pm but it shouldn't take 5.5 hours to drive from Baltimore to Bayonne.

There's a bus that leaves Washington, DC at 8 am. Is this the bus that stops at Baltimore? And other cities after Baltimore? Or does the Baltimore bus leave Baltimore and drive straight through to Bayonne?

I'm torn between the convenience of taking the bus and arriving at 2:30 pm or driving my car and arriving at 11 am and getting on the ship early.

When you talk to the rez agent, they are giving you the pick up time and the return time. Not the arrival time at the pier.

The buses are all routed differently depending on where you are. Although I am but 40 mins south of Boston, my Providence bus.. started in Providence.

Paul The bus makes stops in Wilmington and Philly along the way, Thats why it takes 5.5 hours.... We have reservations for it at this time....We leave on 7/1/06...

Could you come back here after your cruise and tell us how the bus service was? We leave 7/29.

I would think the 5.5 hours is a very generous estimate.

I'm thinking the same thing. If it's not...oh well. Taking the bus will be easier than driving, worrying about directions, parking....paying for parking...etc.

When you talk to the rez agent, they are giving you the pick up time and the return time. Not the arrival time at the pier.

You're right. I called Celebrity today and that's what they said too.

They say the return (after the cruise) will have us in Baltimore at 2:30 pm. If you estimate a 10 am disembarkation, that means it's a 4.5 hour trip. So, I'm leaning towards just taking the bus and not worrying about how long it takes.

Thanks, everyone, for the info.

We took the bus from here in PA when sailing RC's Empress to Bermuda out of Bayonne in October of 2004. I would not do it any other way!!!

Route 78 in NJ to Bayonne is a nightmare to drive and this way you have no worrys. Don't worry about the time! Let your vacation start as we did when you hop on the bus which drops you right off at a little tram car and takes you right to the ship. Your luggage is whisked off the bus for you while everyone who has driven has to lug it across the parking lot.

Take the bus, you will love the convenience!!!!!

That`s are thoughts with Gas @$3.00 plus per gallon plus Tolls and $105.00 for parking in the port it seems to be a good deal for us. The only downside is if we wanted to see NYC while we were up there!

That`s are thoughts with Gas @$3.00 plus per gallon plus Tolls and $105.00 for parking in the port it seems to be a good deal for us. The only downside is if we wanted to see NYC while we were up there!

Just noticed your location of Frederick, MD. We're just east, in Mount Airy. What a coincidence.

Anyway, I hope you'll post something about the bus ride when you return. We'll be traveling on 7/29. Thanks!

Last minute check on the boards before tommorrows cruise!!

We are taking the bus for the fourth year in a row. We live south of Boston and took the Boston bus the first year (to NYC) but Providence the last two years to Bayonne. The times are longer than expected because at each stop they wait for any passangers that are due to arrive and then they also stop for a lunch break. We took Providence over Boston because of the route- the boston bus stops in Springfield before swinging back to Hartford so it makes the trip longer than neccessary. Providence goes a more direct route.

All in all the bus is a pleasure. You put your luggage on at the station and don't have to deal with it again. The buses were very new and clean and had a video player for movies. Each time it has been only half full. It is far far better than having to fight the traffic in and around New York, pay for parking etc. Last year there was a big parade of some type in the city so the bus wound its way through back streets. Our daughter went to Columbia and we are originally from L.I. so we thought we knew the city fairly well but boy we were glad we didn't have to try and navigate that trip!!

The arrangements all seem very casual- you are just told when to meet the bus when you get your documents. The driver has a list of passengers and he checks everyone off. It really does work and it is a very relaxing way to start and end the vacation.

Hey, Paul!

We're in Baltimore and considering the Constellation next year. Would love to hear from you regarding the bus transportation after your July cruise.

Can't think of an easier way to get there. Thanks!

Karen ;)

Just noticed your location of Frederick, MD. We're just east, in Mount Airy. What a coincidence. Anyway, I hope you'll post something about the bus ride when you return. We'll be traveling on 7/29. Thanks!

Hey, Paul!

We're in Baltimore and considering the Constellation next year. Would love to hear from you regarding the bus transportation after your July cruise.

Can't think of an easier way to get there. Thanks! ;)

Will do. And I hope BobJanice posts something about the bus ride after their cruise in early July.

• 1 month later...

We decided to Drive as we live In Frederick ans we needed to leave by 6:45 AM to get to the pick up location by 8:00 AM. We left at 7:15 and on the Boat by 12:30 PM.. The Bus gets in around 2:30PM...We paid $105.00 to park and went into NYC for the day... It was just alot easier for us to Drive ourselves...Tablemates were on the bus and said it was OK ...Hope this helps

Tablemates were on the bus and said it was OK ...Hope this helps

We leave one week from today. I drove to Baltimore this morning as a test run. Time from Mt. Airy to the hotel in Baltimore was 45 minutes. I spoke to the bus driver, he said they typically arrive at the ship between 1 and 2 pm, depends on how many people are riding the bus that day. Today he only had two stops, Baltimore and Philly.

Thanks for the update Paul, are you going to take the bus? Although I like to be on the ship as early as possible, with the cost of gas & parking it doesn't seem like it is worth it for an extra hour or two on the ship. If you do take the bus please let me know how it goes when you get back. Have a great trip!!!

Suzanne

Archived