My first cruise Holiday 5/8/2006 review

Ceece911

First of all I would just like to say thanks to the people on here for answering my questions to make my first cruise a lot easier.

day 1 embarkation and getting to know the ship

After reading on here a decided to get to the terminal at 10:30 instead of the 1;30 they had on the ticket. Everything went smoothly and I was on the ship at around 12:15, pretty much in the first 50 boarding the ship. Got on board and went straight to grad some of that pizza that I have read and seen pictures about. It was good to me, kind of remind me of mall pizza. Next we went to the state room where we found the caper for the day and then headed to the dining room to check on the dining seating. We found out we were seated at a table for 8, but we wanted something smaller since we were on our honeymoon. We waited to see the maitre'd and right away he gave us a nice table for two. After the drill we were off. And I must say, the ship was on time with schedule the whole trip.

day 2 formal night

Everyone in our dining room followed the dress code for the formal night if not any other night. The captain’s party was nice, then again what is not nice about free cocktails. The lobster was so good, I had to have 2, and DH had the lobster and the prime rib. Our waiter Daniel was great.

day 3 Cozumel

Because we had to tender, it took us about 2 hours to get off the boat. They apologized over the announcements stating that some people had not come through for them. Getting back on the boat however was no problem. I seen the Enchantment of the Seas there and there tender line back to the ship was long. I guess that is an advantage to a smaller ship with less people. While in Cozumel we caught a cab to Paradise Beach and had a great time.

day 4 Calica

We decided to do the Xcrete excursion, it was nice, but very hot. We had to get in the water to cool off a little bit.

day 5 Sea day

Just a nice sea day.

Debarkation

I was clueless with this since it was my first cruise, but it went smoothly.

Overall the cruise was good, and I will do it again in a heartbeat. I must admit that I do want to take another cruise on a larger ship. Its not that I didn't like the Holiday, but I wish it just had a little more options on things to do and places to go on the ship. On the last sea day, I was just ready to go home. I thought that maybe I was crazy, but after talking to quite a few other passengers, I found that I was defiantly not the only one feeling that way.

If anyone have any other questions just ask.

LOL, thought I was the only crazy one that was ready to leave last day!!

I missed my dogs so much, kept getting so sleepy due to the rocking of ship (like a little bitty baby), and I started to look forward to part 2 of our vacation (in S.C.).

Glad you had a great time. Congrats on the marriage! Dh and i celebrate 14 years next month (it goes by fastttt).

One question: Our ship was always docked. We don't know what tendering is. Is tendering putting you on smaller boats and taking you to a dock? LOL. I just never thought to ask what it was.

Peace.

We love the Holiday too, But we will be glad when the Fantasy (when though we have already sailed her as well) and ~hopefully~ the Destiny comes back to New Orleans! As easy drive for you guys. Lucky!!

I was on the May 8th cruise too. My second time on Holiday and had a great time. Were any of you in the Sevens Seas Dining Room? Because of the way our dining table was arranged, I was not able to get any pictures of the waiters singing and dancing. If anyone was in that dining room and got pics, I would be interested in trading or buying some from you.

Ceese911,

Thank you for posting your experience for your sailing. We are taking our first cruise on the Holiday on the July 8th sailing. We're not sure what to expect, so I, just as you, am reading all I can before we go. Our cruise will be the second leg of our 3 week vacation, so we have put in enough time to rest afterwards. :) Any suggestions you might could share would be greatly appreciated.

Bama2u

Archived