rcl babysitting

cruisin73

When we first get on the ship can we request babysitting everynight but cancell that day/night if we don't need it? Do you have to tell them when you request the services how long you will need them?

Do I understand this right...on the first day on the ship, you want to sign up for babysitting everynight, from the time they start until time is up. Then you want to just cancel for which every times you decide? Are you planning to give notice, or just let them know when they show up to your cabin?

I actually don't know, but hope they charge you for any time you have signed up. Can you imagine how many other parents wanted that time/day, but couldn't sign up for it because you already have it?

basically what I am saying is from what I have heard if you don't sign up for the babysitting when you get on the ship you will not be able to do it later.

So What I was thinking was sign up for everynight for 2-5 hours per night depending on the night. If that day we decide we wont need it call them and let them know. I was just wandering if that is allowed.

I think that perhaps we need some clarification. Do you want to take advantage of the late night sitting in the kids club or the in-cabin sitting? If you want to use the kids club late night sitting then they will give you a deadline to sign up by. If you want to use the in cabin sitting I would sign up for only what you are sure you will require as the crew does that in their spare (personal) time and I am sure you would not dream of imposing on their personal time unless you truly intend to utilize their services. If you really like the sitter you can request them. I utilized the in cabin sitting on the Enchantment and never had any problems, but I loved our sitter so much I repeatedly requested her.

I am referring to the in cabin sitting. I know of 2 definite days but other days I am not positive. I was going to have the babysitter come at 10:00 since I am sure my son will be ready for bed by then and we may want to go to some of the shows. But then again we might be tired too and want to go to bed then there would be no need for the sitter.

In that case I would only book the days you are certain of. If you decide to go ahead and book a sitter and end up not using their services I would pay them for at least a couple of hours of their time regardless of whether or not you use their services. It would be wrong and extremely rude and inconsiderate to do anything else since you are tying up their schedule, thus preventing them from sitting for someone else who may have actually used their services, basically costing them money.

Its just like my housekeeper has 3 hours blocked out for me every week, and on the occasions I have had to cancel at the last minute, I have always paid her, because I did not give her enough advanced notice to book her time with another customer.

By the way, I waited until the 2nd or 3rd night of our cruise to book the sitter and had no issues with availability.

basically what I am saying is from what I have heard if you don't sign up for the babysitting when you get on the ship you will not be able to do it later.

So What I was thinking was sign up for everynight for 2-5 hours per night depending on the night. If that day we decide we wont need it call them and let them know. I was just wandering if that is allowed.

Reading your post, I wonder why there aren't services available if you don't book on the first day. :rolleyes:

I think your plan is really abusing the system and very inconsiderate to not only the crewmember you plan to ditch at the last minute but also to the other passengers who also require services.

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate to anyone. HOwever I'd like to be sure if I need babysitting services that I will be able to get them. From what I read prior to mrleo post it was said you MUST book incabin babysitting on the first day or you will not be able to get ANY babysitters. NOw that I know I can get them after the first day I will do as I said in my prior post . (book days I know I will need someone)

Archived