Am I Crazy???

Just booked the Explorer of the Seas 12 night cruise from Bayonne, N.J., to the southern Caribbean for Feb. 3, 2008...yes, I said 2008! I couldn't pass up the price. I swore I'd never cruise from the Northeast during the winter, but this one was just too tempting. Yes, we'll have a cold (or make that, freezing) day or two coming and going, but since it's 12 days, I'm okay with that. We'll save on airfare to Florida and two nights in a hotel and meals (we always go down two days early when flying from the Northeast in winter).

I'm guessing that will be Super Bowl Sunday. Does RCI show the Super Bowl? We always seem to be on a ship when the game is on, and so far we've always been able to see it. In fact, Celebrity had a great Super Bowl party this year and I even won $250!

I don't think that you're crazy at all.:) I would book that in a heartbeat. Just think, you are leaving all that cold weather behind you and you do not have to worry about flights. RCI did a smart thing here with leaving a ship year around. Would have been nice if it was a Radiance class with a enclosed pool but this will still work.

You can bet that RCI will have the Superbowl on.

Gordon

I just booked this cruise yesterday also. The price was too good to pass up. My husband thought that I was crazy to book something that far in advance.

There is quite a roll call already on the Meet&Mingle boards.

We have been on a cruise during the Super Bowl. It happened to be formal night. We sailed the Navigator. They showed the game in Studio B. It was a lot of fun! They had balloon arches at each entrance. Left was one teams colors, right was the other teams colors. So fans of each team were on opposite sides of the ice rink. Someone on the ship made huge homemade banners for each team that were hung on each side of the big screen. They had streamers all over the place.

The entire cruise there were fans wearing their teams Jerseys. Everyone was in good spirits :)

Archived