Jesse James Snorkling-July

bajsf

Going to Bermuda in July with RCI, wondering about Jesse James Snorkeling Tours..Has anyone done the shipwrecks 3 different stops ..how great was it..would like to book, but would like some reviews..Thank you!:)

I also did the Jesse James in Aug 2004.

First they take you to an island not far from the harbor. While going there the capt gives a commentary on the history, houses, celebrities etc. When you arrive at the island they will show you how to use the equipment (if you don't already know - if you do know you can get right in the water - off the side of the zodiac - just slide in) They tell you to go around the island to get used to the water, currents and to see the underwater sights. This gives you a chance to get the feel for snorkeling, if you are a novice, before going into open water.

Then you all get back on the boat and he takes you to a shipwreck about 15 minutes out. This is a little rougher and you see why he let you practice in smoother waters.

One of the guides will dive down and retrieve an artifact from the shipwreck so you can see it. There were scuba divers below us in the wreck.

Then you go about another 15 minutes by boat to an underwater garden.

We snorkeled about for about 30 minutes. By then you are pooped and ready to go back. When you get home, remember to tell all your friends you snorkeled in the Bermuda Triangle!!!!

I loved every minute of it and would do it again. However, this year, because we have been back 2 more times and are more familiar with the area, we are renting a Whaler and will snorkel on our own.

• 3 weeks later...

We went with Jesse James last week and it was a terrific experience - the three sites described above. I recommend them highly. I don't remember their website link, but I googled them & they came up right away.

Have a great time!

Hey all. I think I am also taking the advice here. I did notice one thing on the website that I could have easily overlooked, so I wanted to highlight it here.

You call and make reservations w/ a credit card but that merely holds your reservation and payment is not made that way. You must have cash or traveler's checks with you at the time of the excursion to pay.

This is stated midway down on the FAQ page.

JC

Archived