Free WiFi voucher for Dawn Princess

Buddy604

Hey all - I was just on the Dawn Princess and purchased a WiFi voucher that I ended up not using. If someone is planning a trip in the next week or two on the Dawn and will be bringing a WiFi enabled laptop, let me know.

I don't know if the voucher codes are reset each trip, but if not, you are welcome to it.

Mike

Buddy.

Hey, tell us about the cruise. Did your discussion about clothing choices for dinner pan out for you? :)

The cruise wasn't bad, though not as warm as my last repo cruise, so I didn't take advantage of the pool.

As for dressing, the first night we ate in Sterling - nice food, but of course that was the night we were heading into huge swells and forward on the lido deck it was quite a ride. I dressed nicely in a loose silk shirt and dress slacks, with a slug of Bonamine as an accent.

The second night was formal and we sat in the traditional dining room - despite travelling with only a carry on, in addition to my CPAP and clothing for the other four days I managed to squeeze in a white dinner jacket, slacks, formal shirt, studs, suspenders, tie and cumberbund.

I looked like the head waiter.

I saw no one else so attired, and in fact when my friend who was casually dressed stopped by the dining room to secure a reservation before dressing, she was urged by the headwaiter to come as she was.

As an aside - it's experiences like this that make me question the value of lugging formal wear around or, in fact, even getting that worked up about the dress code on Princess in the first place.

As it was, on the third night, I committed the cardinal sin - I wore a pair of midnight black denim slacks. In order to dress them up a bit I wore a brand new navy blue cotton polo shirt buttoned to the neck and left untucked to hide the five pockets and the rivets on my "denim slacks."

Frankly, I don't think anyone noticed. The lighting isn't that good. And beside, I think in general the size of my butt takes the attention away from what I'm actually wearing.

I think I'll stick to my original plan in future and that is bring a nice sports jacket, a shirt and a pair of slacks, at least for cruises under seven days.

Hi Buddy...This may be too late, but we leave TOMORROW on the Dawn to Alaska, and my husband would love the WiFi voucher. I thought he'd leave his laptop at home, but...I was dreaming...:D I'll check back here before leave in the morning. Last minute, but I didn't see this til just now! Thanks for offering it...very generous of you.

Sharri

Archived