Ft Lauderdale Priceline "Winning Bids"

kelmac

About Priceline, sometimes it works for us and sometimes Not!

We had better luck with Hotwire for FLL Sat. Jan. 13 '07.

Took Signman's advice and went with Ramada Plaza Beach Resort for $145.00

Some have gotten this thru priceline for $138.00.

We chose this hotel because it is on the beach with an ocean view from each room (of some sort) which is a must for me, and there are plenty of good restaurants within one mile, major grocery, major drug store, bus stop across the street.

Well, biddingfortravel has 902 posts for bidding Fort Lauderdale. So far this thread has zero. Not including the one post about Cocoa Beach.

I think it is the most useful and comprehensive site that I have seen for priceline. They are very down to business and follow a strict protocal, but I think they need to. Otherwise the topics will diverge off on tangents and the information would get scattered.

Cruisecritic is a great place to chat, but to find useful information about priceline, biddingfortravel is the place.

Lou33,

I think you are right that everyone should start with biddingfortravel or betterbidding to get information about winning bids and strategies. However, I can't seem to see the harm in posting your winning bids on this website to give cruisers a bit of additional information? As prices are climbing in most Cruise ports, we need all the help we can get to allow us to make the most of our travel dollars!:)

Once again, here are the two sites:

http://www.betterbidding.com/

http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Enjoy!

Kel

WINNING BIDS (A SUMMARY):

1) FLL -- 12/31/06 -- Westin Ft Lauderdale -- priceline -- $95

2) Coco Beach -- 6/16-18/06 -- Doubletree Oceanfront Res -- priceline -- $95

3) FLL -- 7/8/06 -- Westin Ft Lauderdale --priceline -- $100

4) FLL -- 1/13/07 -- Ramada Plaza Beach Res -- Hotwire -- $145

Well, biddingfortravel has 902 posts for bidding Fort Lauderdale. So far this thread has zero. Not including the one post about Cocoa Beach.

I think it is the most useful and comprehensive site that I have seen for priceline. They are very down to business and follow a strict protocal, but I think they need to. Otherwise the topics will diverge off on tangents and the information would get scattered.

Cruisecritic is a great place to chat, but to find useful information about priceline, biddingfortravel is the place.

They may have 902 total posts but only 8 thus far for this month.

Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Cabo and So California for two weeks (land vacation). If anyone feels the urge to update this board, feel free to do so. Perhaps we should start a seperate, "Summary Only" thread with no discussion, but just winning bids???

Talk to you soon.

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...

Winning bid on Priceline:

4*

Downtown and Beach Zones in FLL

Bid: $90

Winning Hotel: Hyatt Pier 66

I tried Downtown only, then downtown and beach at $80, $85, and won at $90.

Winning bid on Priceline:

4*

Downtown and Beach Zones in FLL

Bid: $90

Winning Hotel: Hyatt Pier 66

I tried Downtown only, then downtown and beach at $80, $85, and won at $90.

Could you tell us what dates this is for? Enjoy!

Could you tell us what dates this is for? Enjoy!

Hi dmk!

Thanks for all you work getting this thread going!!:) I see the summary post is now a "sticky" -- great ! I just got back from a two week land vacation and used Priceline four times -- everything turned out wonderful.

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel

I just put your idea into motion.:) I think if it catches on it could be great. I have been looking for a hotel for Jan. 2007. When I check Bidding For Travel, there are just not enough people posting there, nor on Betterbidding.:cool: At least here it's an easy reference. I hope a lot of people post.

How was your vacation? Where did you go?

Hi Kel

I just put your idea into motion.:) I think if it catches on it could be great. I have been looking for a hotel for Jan. 2007. When I check Bidding For Travel, there are just not enough people posting there, nor on Betterbidding.:cool: At least here it's an easy reference. I hope a lot of people post.

How was your vacation? Where did you go?

dmk,

What dates are you looking for next Jan? Is it in Ft Lauderdale?

Lauren and I spent a week in Cabo (very relaxing) and seven more days in So Calif (LA, Palm Springs and San Diego). Lots of sun, beach, golf and food.:)

Kel

Kel,

I love Cabos!:D Where did you stay?

I am looking for 2 rooms for Jan 20-22, 2007. I have a canceable booking so I will just slug away.:rolleyes:

I don't know if you noticed but there is now a "sticky" at the top of the page for winning bids. Perhaps the hosts will combine this thread with the sticky because I think people haven't noticed it at the top of the page

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Howard,

You are correct, but I think many people don't list there because of their "hard nose" moderators. I posted there once, and I got slammed for not following their strict protocol. Most people feel very comfortable with Cruise Critic.:)

Oh I couldn't agree more. The moderator on that board is a real you know what :mad: and has the attitude problem out of this world! Who's needs that crap from a travel board. It's either her way or no way. So glad we post our bids here. Also a lady at my job got a better bid that what the moderator stated she would get, and the moderator banned the entire company's domain from visiting her site. Guess she didn't want anyone to know that they could find a better bid than she suggested. She basically told my co-worker that there would be no way that she'd get the hotel bidding that low. My friend did and posted back that apparently the bid wasn't too low because she got it, and immediately Sheryl (moderator) deactivated our company's domain address. I've heard others who say the same that she'd banned the entire domain so that NO one can look at her site from the domain address. What a shame! :mad:

I love cruise critic boards and would prefer to check here rather than being treated like a 4 year old by a "my way or no way" wanna be moderator. :p

Deleted - Port Canaveral Location

Can we get a PL and Hotwire thread for all hotels for any port. I don't want to clog this up with Port Canaveral/Orlando info if it's just for Ft Lauderdale area.

Deleted - Port Canaveral Location

Can we get a PL and Hotwire thread for all hotels for any port. I don't want to clog this up with Port Canaveral/Orlando info if it's just for Ft Lauderdale area.

There is a "sticky" at the top of this forum for all priceline winning bids!

A~

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how this hotel bidding thing works. We are flying into Miami on Dec 18 before our cruise on the 19th and need two rooms. We have been looking at staying at the Holiday Inn, room prices are 152.00 a night plus taxes per room so thats gonna be expensive for two rooms.

Would be great if could find a cheaper route for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know it's a little scary, I bid for the first time last year and have bid three times since.

On the site, you pick -name your own price - then you can review all the areas/zones in Miami or where ever. You can look at a map area for each zone. We chose the zone for downtown Miami, 4 star. Before you bid, you can review the list of hotels available in the class/star level you want. The listed prices are "regular prices", so don't bid that amount, bid for a deal. If they don't accept your bid, you can try again the next day. We got the Hyatt downtown for about $75. It's about a mile from the port and a Walgreens close. It's a nice hotel, we enjoyed staying there.

The only downside is I don't think you can cancel after winning the bid.

Good Luck!

i did not read through all the threads so if this has been said, sorry.

When using priceline or hotwire use betterbidding or biddingfortravel to see what hotels you may get based on area and how many stars you select.

then call some of the hotels and get the best rate for that night, that way you have an idea of what to bid.

some people get caught up in the bidding things and wind up paying more then they would of if they had done some reasearch.

• 1 year later...

Date: 12/05/2010

# Nights: 1

Hotel: Viceroy Miami

Rating: 4.5 stars

Area: Downtown Miami

Site: Hotwire

Price: $114.00

Tax Recovery charges & fees: $21.60

Total: $135.60

I had the hotels narrowed down to the Viceroy or the Epic by checking unavailable dates for hotel rating & area. The room category is also helpful. Didn't have any luck checking out the amenities because it just gave generic explanations. Couldn't touch the Intercontinental for less than $289.00 on LMT.

Archived