Culinary Question

Threadfin

Have just returned from being onboard today and can confirm that they don't serve soup in the Boardwalk cafe when it is open. The soup of the day is available during the lunchtime buffets in the kings court and usually the britannia serves at least 1 at lunch and maybe 2 different soups of an evening- the butternut squash one is quite delicious- try it!

Sounds like you're on-board. And, sorry to ask something I am SURE has been asked an hundred times, but... How is their in-house e-mail? And how good is the connection for laptop access?

By the way, no grief, please about bringing the computer. We hauled the kids out of school and promised to send movie clips and photos to our kids' classes.

Sorry to confuse- I just got off today after the Norwegian Odyssey trip.

Didnt use the email service this time so there will be others who are better able to answer than me- but used it last december- signed up for a half hour package and to be fair it wasnt bad- tad slow at times but not too bad- OK for quick emails etc- rather than proper browsing!

Bonni, thank you so much for your reply. I was beginning to think that my question would go unanswered. I read somewhere that the Boardwalk had soup. I have had the squash soup on board and I agree, it is super. Soup is my favorite. I will look in the Kings Court. Thanks-Thread

Sounds like you're on-board. And, sorry to ask something I am SURE has been asked an hundred times, but... How is their in-house e-mail? And how good is the connection for laptop access?

By the way, no grief, please about bringing the computer. We hauled the kids out of school and promised to send movie clips and photos to our kids' classes.

We're on our way to NY now for our third roundtrip Transatlantic Crossing. Email service on board is pretty good. I check in once or twice a day. Until you get used to things the log on process can be a bit cumbersome but one learns quickly. Wireless is available throughout the ship although my favorite was always the Commodore Club - great views, good service, nice drinks and Email :-)

As for sending photos and video clips - although the bandwidth is fairly speedy I would think that this type of uploading might be both time consuming and relatively expensive. Although possible I would suggest that you carefully edit and compress images/clips before sending.

I would also strongly encourage you to purchase one of the larger packages (sold in blocks of minutes). It is really the most effective way to keep costs down.

It looked from a positioning/conditions website as if you had 45knot winds. Though the webcam looks calm, and very pretty, now. How WAS that weather?

Thanks for the info on compressing and buying the package. I'd certainly like to save wherever possible AND not have to think about it more than once.

Archived