Bottled Water on QM2?

Texwell

Bottled water was there in 04. I read on this forum that the tap water was ok to drink. I tipped the steward upon arriving at the cabin and mysteriously the bottled water that I consumed never appeared on my bill. I did hear other people types complaining that they drank the bottled water assuming that the most plentiful resource on earth was free and much to their surprise, a charge appeared on their bill. Thread

I drink the QE2's tap water. It's what they serve in the restaurants unless you specifically request bottled. When it's used for tea it gives a slightly chlorinated flavour, but otherwise tap water's OK.

I came upon this website--alfalaval.com. This company manufactured all the water and waste treatment for the QM2. They claim that the QM2 is the most environmentally friendly ship afloat. They give the specifics of the water purity. The tap drinking water on the ship is probably better than bottled water. I know of several bottled water that are not from the spring but filtered from large city supplies.

Sue

I asked about drinking water aboard QE2 last year. The tap water is what you see being pumped aboard through a fire hose in ports. The water that is produced aboard (reverse osmosis and centrifuge??) is not used as drinking water. So what you get is the local water as taken on. This could explain why none is imported at some ports where quality could be a problem.

There is usually iced water available on the boat deck and it is possible to fill bottles from there, but I guess that this is just the same tap water chilled.

Bottled water is always available in the cabin, but it is expensive.

David.

A question for the experienced QM2 voyagers: is bottled water available on QM2? If so, is there a charge?Thanks.

Hi Texwell,

My wife is not a fan of shipboard water due to the taste after it is processed. We do get the bottled water in the larger size for cabin use thru any bar onboard. I am sorry but not should the price now a days.

Also, when sometimes the water comes out of the facuets brown, that also is concerning.

I do know that if the water is too processed it will be detected even in the hot tea giving it a very turn away taste (swimming pool water), but that is very rare.

It's is unfortuately individuals acquired tastes.

Sorry,

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

• 2 weeks later...

They don't offer free bottled water on the ship! I brought a few little bottles of water, since one will fit in my purse. I refilled them at the water dispenser in the King's Court. If you drink coffee, tea or have ice in your drinks, you shouldn't have a problem with their quality of water.

Archived