Forward in hull cabins on four deck

deck chair

Hi!

Considering an in hull cabin forward on four deck such as 4018 or 4021 and wondering if anyone has been in such forward cabins and can offer guidance as to their desirability. Thanks!

Patrick

TA or cruise?

Hello Pepper

Actaully for the 24 day sailing leaving 7/24/06 round trip from NY which includes two TAs and one Med cruise. Also, wondering what the noise issues are given that cabin area's location over the Royal Court. Wondering if this area is too far forward and subject to significant pitching and ocean spray coming in etc. Been on QE2 numerous times but this would be my first on QM2. Thanks.

PAtrick

Hello Pepper

Actaully for the 24 day sailing leaving 7/24/06 round trip from NY which includes two TAs and one Med cruise. Also, wondering what the noise issues are given that cabin area's location over the Royal Court. Wondering if this area is too far forward and subject to significant pitching and ocean spray coming in etc. Been on QE2 numerous times but this would be my first on QM2. Thanks.

PAtrick

Hi Patrick

Actually 4018 4021 are just astern of and above illuminations, close to the back of the stage area of the royal court it must be said, but not directly above the stage or auditorium. However see the thread about cabin 4046. As you are the lowest and closest (balcony) to the bow I too would worry about spray TA. I would love the motion of the ship here, others may not.

As you're doing a cruise as well as TA, my concern would also be your choice of cabins. You're going to be paying for a balcony that could be near useless TA because of spray and also near useless in the sun as it's "sheltered". But, given you can't use it for sunning yourself, you've chosen a pair that are furthest from the pools and sun decks aft! (this on top of the noise from below). My advice would be to think again, look at 4162 4175. Same price. Over the Britannia Resturant (less noise). Not connecting rooms. Near (but not too near) the elevators so easy access to Britannia, Queens Room, the pools/sun and Kings Court. Less spray! There are also a few further aft of these pair that are not connecting but are over the Queens Room.

Hope this helps. I'm very envious of 24 days aboard!

Hi Patrick nice to know someone else is doing all 3 cruises. I also have an in hull balcony. Once you hit the warm weather of Europe how much time will you actually be spending in your room you will be sightseeing or up on deck in the warm weather.

HHi Pepper

Thank you for your guidance. As a result, I've asked my agent to please look into alternatives on deck, 5 B2 category. I sure miss having a Caronia grade cabins category. Thanks everyone else for your help.

PAtrick

Archived