Hotels with shuttle service LAX/San Pedro?

RunningDeer

It is quite a ways from LAX to San Pedro. I would not stay in San Pedro. I am a truck driver that has slept in my truck in the area. Not really a safe area. I would pick a Hotel near the airport with shuttle service to and from the airport. Then check with " Super Shuttle". You can fine there web site under that name. They are nationwide. They will send you a quote. Best way I know.

There are no hotels at LAX that offer shuttle service to the piers (it is quite a distance). All LAX airport hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport.

You can take SuperShuttle or Primetime Shuttle (check their websites) to San Pedro and stay overnight at the Holiday Inn Express or Crowne Plaza should you decide to do that. Both have shuttles to the pier, which is about 5 minutes away.

Hi, we just returned from an Island Princess 9-nighter, LA to Vancouver, May 6-15. We booked Marriott LAX through Princess at $59pp, which turned out quite satisfactory. Since we were driving in from north of LA on a Friday afternoon, we preferred to not have to contend with rush hour freeway traffic in order to get to Long Beach, which some cruisers seem to prefer.

While some do not like to use the cruiseline transfers, this one was quite acceptable. We had earlier flown into San Jose and driven down the Pacific Coast Hwy to LA so only needed transfer from LAX car rental return, to hotel. As it turned out, the car rental location was so close to Marriott that their airport shuttle driver just dropped us off, about two blocks, and we were at the hotel in a jif:) We didn't even have to go into airport and transfer to hotel shuttle! Plus, no extra tips required, or waiting.

Our room was terrific; food in Champions Bar for dinner was very good. Breakfast also quite well done. Starbucks in lobby open early, closed by midafternoon.

The only fly in the ointment was the protracted wait in the lobby for the bus to ship (at San Pedro). We were told to have our bags packed but left in our room by 9:30ish and to be in lobby for transfer to ship about 11a.m. We did that but waited and waited, as there were also passengers for another Princess ship awaiting their transfer. Eventually, we were taken to pier and began the process of boarding, line after line. While this boring waiting may bother some people, we were okay with it. Just did a lot of people-watching;)

Still, for the price, we were pleased. We did not have to handle our bags or search for a Super Shuttle, etc. and pay for that.

Some people on our cruise spoke very highly of the Marina Hotel in San Pedro. They flew in and stayed one night pre-cruise and one night post cruise. http://www.webeventplanner.com/directory/marinahotelsp I believe the hotel provided shuttles to and from the cruiseline.

We actually stayed there one night a few weeks later for a wedding and it was very nice! Saturday night before the wedding reception we watched the cruise ships leaving San Pedro sail right past our balcony! (I wanted to hop on!!!) ;)

Archived