Mariner of the Seas in December

Hi all my husband and I booked our first cruise on Mariner for December 10-17th , Eastern Caribbean. I have ALOT Of questions LOL !!! I will just post a few for now !! ;)

1. Weather, how is the weather on this cruise, this time of the year ?

2. So my husband will be okay in a black suit and I can wear a cocktail dress or dressy pants suit for formal night ?

3. How is the food ?

4. I know I will find out later in the year, but when should we plan on arriving at Port Canaveral since our ship leaves port at 5 pm ?

5. Can I bring bottled water on board or will they take it ? I thought about bringing a 12 pack or something. My dh is going to get the soda pass.

Now I cannot even remember all my questions LOL !!!

Oh is Mariner a really nice ship, since it is newer. This is sort of our Honeymoon 13 years late LOL !! Actually when we cruise in December we will be closer to 14 years of marriage. Give me lots of advice PLEASE !!!!:)

It's always warm in the Caribbean although in December some people may feel the water is a little too cold for swimming. Black suit and cocktail dress is fine for formal night. The food should be fine, but this is always a matter of opinion. If you have reasonable expectations you will enjoy the food. If you expect the cuisine to be equal to what you would get for $150 per person in a gourmet restaurant you will be disappointed. You can bring all the soda or water that you want on board. They will only stop you if you bring booze.

1. The weather was gorgeous last year when we went in December. You have a 50/50 shot of beautfiful weather in Florida.

2. Your formal night attire is perfect.

3. The food was fabulous... as usual.

4. We arrived around 11:30 and were the first to board almost. We were drinking by the pool at 11:45.

5. We brought water and soda on board. No problems. We didn't bring the soda RCCL serves.

Hi There-

My husband and I are going on the MOS that week! My Mom & Dad are going too. M&D have been on the MOS before, same itinerary and it was sunny and hot the whole time for them. They went last Thanksgiving, so around the same time of year. My husband and I have been on 3 RCCL cruises, all on Voyager Class ships, AOS & NOS (twice), we were even married on the NOS. We've been all different times of the year, June, Feb, May, M&D have gone in late Nov, never had a 'bad week'. If you want to email me, I can share more info w/ you, perhaps we can meet up on the ship? Love to hear from you! madhatterkim@gmail.com :D

Okay I am so excited and I have wayyyyyyy too much time LOL !! I need to lose 15 lbs to go on this cruise so I can gain some weight while I eat , eat , eat LOL !!

More questions........

1. I heard about the Razul couple treatment in the spa, how can i book that, can I book it in advance ?

2. If we DON'T want to go to the dining room for dinner each evening and NOT order room service is there somewhere else to go. HELP me........where should we eat, what should we try, how is Johnny Rockets ?

3. We are driving to Port Canaveral and I think we may go to WDW the day before, but any ideas on where we should stay the night before the cruise ? Any really nice hotels, but not too expensive ? Should we park at port or should we try a transfer ?

thanks, post more later !!

Archived