ABC tours-- half day vs whole day tour

serene56

Ok-- I want to book this tour. But am lost if i want a half day or whole day.

half day is 9-1 whole day is 9-5 with lunch provided.

half day is 55 whole day is 70 and lunch in included.

Ship leaves at 10pm.

has anyone taken the whole day tour? Is it too much?

is the half day tour jsut right?

This is a very tough question. Both tours show you most if not all of the highlights on the island. The half day tour skips the California Lighthouse, the full day tour includes San Nicolas, which to be perfectly blunt, is the worst section of the island. Not quite a slum, but the poorest people on the island live here. Seeing stuff like that does not bother me, but I know it bothers some. You have to drive through San Nicolas to get to Baby Beach, so this may be just a "drive through" on the tour.

Then there are the beaches. . . again. Depends really on what you are looking for. Do you want to spend the entire day driving around making the stops or do you want to spend half the day driving around, stop to stop, and then say relax at Eagle or Palm Beach the rest of the afternoon?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply Lisa. We decided to do the half day and head back to the ship for lunch = then head out shopping. Want to do a sunset cruise so now I am looking for information on that.

You are very knowledgeable- I enjoy reading your posts.

thank you

Thanks for your reply Lisa. We decided to do the half day and head back to the ship for lunch = then head out shopping. Want to do a sunset cruise so now I am looking for information on that.

You are very knowledgeable- I enjoy reading your posts.

thank you

you made a wise decision...!!..

• 3 weeks later...

I see you already made your decision, but I'll chime in for others who may be reading.

We've done the all day and plan on doing it again in Oct. It is one of the best tours we have ever done, and the price cannot be beat. The "extreme" portion of the tour begins after lunch. The afternoon ends with a nice relaxing snorkle at Baby Beach. Our ship left at 5 before, and yes, we were running to make the ship. I regretted not getting to walk around the port area. This time we are in port until 12:00pm.

The lunch is included even with the 1/2 day tour. After lunch 1/2 our group returned to the ship/hotels, while 1/2 continued to the caves and beach.

We were undecided also, but I know If I do the 1/2 day, I won't go out again to a beach, and the snorkling is a big part of our day.

Lazy- I did not know lunch was included with a half day tour. I thought we get dropped off then head to lunch for the other people.

its only a $20.00 pp difference. I will have to check for that coz I been kniocking myself silly looking for an eatery for lunch instead of hitting the ship.

Serene, Lunch was included with the 1/2 day when we did this tour in 2003. It may have changed. Don't forget the additional 10% off when booking online. You still won't be charged until day of. So for the price, the whole day makes sense. For me, I know I'll go back to the ship and nap or find some excuse not to venture out again, so the whole day is more bang for the buck.

When are you sailing?? We're on the Oct. 8 Infinity.

I just looked at the flyer and it doesn't state that lunch is included with 1/2 day.

With ABC tours you need to pay at the time of booking and yes we will get a 10.% discount so the tour will be 50.00. Lunch is NOT included for the half day tours. They do half days in the morning from 9-1:00 then another 1/2 day tour from 1:30 til 5pm.

We just did the whole day tour on Friday, 6/16. It was AWESOME, though I could have skipped a couple of the stops --- Fountain Cave, for example. Eh.

But, it was a lot of fun, and we loved the Natural Pool and then at the end you stop at Baby Beach for an hour and a half or so. It's a nice way to end the day.

You drive through San Niccolas on the way back to the ship/hotel, so it's not like you spend time there -- you just drive through.

I really enjoyed this tour, but came back FILTHY! LOL! Be prepared, because it's bumpy, windy, and dusty. But, you get to see things in Aruba you just can't see on a traditional bus tour.

aruba1.jpg

SOck Monkey-- thanks for your review of this tour. DId you drive or have a guide?

There were two jeeps - We were in the one driven by the ABC Tour guide, Wendell (who was great). The other jeep was driven by another cruise passenger (who was ex-military and a cop, so he knew what he was doing)!

It was nice to have such a small group. :)

Does the half day tour stop at a beach. I read in the post that the second half of the tour (which I assume is the whole day tour) is when they stop at Baby Beach. I would like the half day tour also with a stop at a beach.

Lauren: the half day tour brings you back to the pier with abc tours.

THe whole day tour takes you to the beach and are back on the ship by 5:pm its only a 20 pp difference. (which I think you could probably take a cab for 2 people cheaper then 40 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestion. I found the travel agency by going to Google. It looks really interesting. Have been to Aruba before but did a Highlights tour with the cruise ship but they don't seem to be offering that at this time for our cruise in November 2006.

Darlene

Archived