Captain Marvin's - Turtle Farm/Hell Tour?

CruisinChic

We are considering adding Captain Marvin's Turtle Farm/Hell tour to our stingray excursion. I've done the stingray thing with them twice so I know they are great but has anyone also done the other tour? If so, was it worth it, did you like it? Your thoughts please. Thanks!

Been to Grand Cayman 3 times, did the turtle farm and Hell twice.

The turtle farm is neat...but it's just a bunch of small pools with turtles in them, some you get to pick up and hold, some are huge.

Hell, hmm...It's 3 stores and a post office. The 3 stores are the t-shirty touristy stores. You go out behind the post office and see these black rocks.

They're not bad, I would have only done it once had my 2nd time not been pre-booked for me, just know what to expect when you're going.

BTW, the sting rays were awesome.

*side note: My last time at the Turtle Farm I picked up this turtle and was looking at it when all of a sudden this like 12 year old girl decides it would be a great idea to break into a full sprint in this crowded area. Well during her run she slams into both of my arms and the turtle goes flying across the area and lands on concrete. I stand there in disbelief with my arms still in the motion as if I were holding the turtle. She stops, looks at the turtle for a second and then runs off. I just grabbed the turtle, gave it a quick looking over, nothing broke or bleeding and put it back.

IMHO they are rather boring. The turtles are fun to look at and play with. One of the pooped on my DH and what a stink. Had to get a new t-shirt. It was very funny. I enjoyed the gift shop more.

Hell was fun just to say you've been there. There's not much to see. Sending a postcard home is the thing to do there, along with photos.

I'm glad I went once, but I'd never go again.

Now, swimining with the stingrays was awesome. I'd do that over and over again.

Archived