help please

lisa225

i am holding two reservations. one on the crown princess (ph suite) and one on the explorer of the seas (grand suite) for myself and 15 yr old son. both of these are 9 nights and both leave from n.y.c. area on 8/25. my son and i have travelled on the voyager the past two summers (same time frame as these) and thought we'd try the new crown princess. i placed a deposit on this but tnen saw a promo for rci explorer which allowed the second person half price, also we received another 100.00 credit (one day promo) and a 125.00 onboard credit! i love the itinerary on princess, but have never sailed princess. my son loves rci voyager class, but i'm not crazy about the explorers itinerary (have been to labadee the last two summers and am haiti'd out!), also i found the food to be just okay and repetitious from the previous year. the rci cruise will cost almost 2,000.00 less than princess and i'm not sure if princess is worth the extra. i need to cancel one of these by june 11 in order to receive my deposit back and would welcome any advice or suggestions. even though we have sailed on the voyager twice we haven't sailed the explorer and maybe there is a diference and the princess is a total mystery.

thanks for any help.

lisa225

Good afternoon! I can't compare the rooms because I myself have never stayed in a suite, but I can say that I believe that there are more teens on the RCCL ships then the Princess ships. I was on the Caribbean Princess back in 2004 for with my teenage daughter and her boyfriend and they didn't frequesnt the teen area to often. I was on the Navigator of the Sea back in 2003 with only my wife and I felt it had more for the young people then Princess. But I would get a brochure on both and compare the two ships. I believe the Crown Princess will have the outdoor theater when RCCL will not. They have the skating rink when Princess will not. Voyager probably has a large arcade when Princess doesn't. I know that from my observation from being on both cruiseline, teens are better on RCCL. Princess is for us adults. (The food is better on Princess, more eligant!) I hope I helped! God bless!

thanks so much for your insight after having sailed both princess and rci. it sounds as if my assumptions are correct....princess for me (the menus and food sound great) and rci for my son!! it doesn't solve my dilemma, how about combining the two before august!!! we will probably choose the explorer, due to the price difference but look forward to cruising princess another time. unless, of course princess decides to substantially lower their price between now and june 11 (which i don't believe they will). either way i know how lucky i am to have to make these kinds of decisions. i hope everyone has a great vacation no matter which line they choose.

lisa

Archived