Obstructed Balcony Rooms on the Miracle

From what I have read on here and looking at the deck plans, 5236 has a large balcony that is almost triple the size of the other 7A's. I read that the room next door (while looking at the deck plans) that is in between 5236 & 5238 is a utility room of some sort - even where the ice machine is that the cabin stewards use. I researched it pretty well before making the change and we are very excited about it. The deck plans show the same area on decks 4-9 which causes the balconies to be larger on deck 5-9.

Here is a pic of the balcony on 5236 on the Miracle. http://community.webshots.com/photo/550320245/2879423830063951613tRLgOm

That's the pic we took a few weeks ago. Our friends had that cabin. I'm sure there are a few more pics in the hundreds that were took. If I can find one from inside the cabin looking out I'll post it there too.

That's the pic we took a few weeks ago. Our friends had that cabin. I'm sure there are a few more pics in the hundreds that were took. If I can find one from inside the cabin looking out I'll post it there too.

That would be fabulous!! We know we got lucky that this cabin was still available. I love the picture you took of the balcony and it is the best one that I have seen while doing my searches. Thank you for posting it!

That was my dream cabin (the larger balcony) - unfortunately they don't accomindate 4. I was going to pay the $700 more for the 8E cabin above - it does hold 4 - and I even had it booked - but decided it wasn't worth the extra money because we weren't going with family this time (my reason for a bigger balcony). If it was just DH and I - then I would have been all over it. Great cabin for the same price as the other 7A's.

From what I have read on here and looking at the deck plans, 5236 has a large balcony that is almost triple the size of the other 7A's. I read that the room next door (while looking at the deck plans) that is in between 5236 & 5238 is a utility room of some sort - even where the ice machine is that the cabin stewards use. I researched it pretty well before making the change and we are very excited about it. The deck plans show the same area on decks 4-9 which causes the balconies to be larger on deck 5-9.

Here is a pic of the balcony on 5236 on the Miracle. http://community.webshots.com/photo/550320245/2879423830063951613tRLgOm

Okay, I think I'm going to switch my cabin. 5236 doesn's seem to be available (I'll double check with my PVP when I call tomorrow), so I'm looking at either 5231 or 5235. Anyone know which one might be better? Also, anyone know if these cabins are port side?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :confused:

Even numbers are port. You can try 5238 - BUT - it is a handicapped cabin and if they need it you COULD get bumped.

Just my opinion - BUT - if you are looking for port cabin for 2 and you can't get 5236 - I would pick 5232. It's far enough back that you MIGHT get more of a forward view (past the cabins that jet out) then you would with cabin 5226 or 5230. JMO.

SPupper2.gif

Sometimes cabin like the one you are requesting are on hold through another agency looking to hold it with a group booking.

Ask your agent to check to see if that cabin has been depositited or only on hold somewhere.

Also you want to check again when final payment is due..Lots of people cancel at this time so not to incur penalties

Even numbers are port. You can try 5238 - BUT - it is a handicapped cabin and if they need it you COULD get bumped.

Just my opinion - BUT - if you are looking for port cabin for 2 and you can't get 5236 - I would pick 5232. It's far enough back that you MIGHT get more of a forward view (past the cabins that jet out) then you would with cabin 5226 or 5230. JMO.

SPupper2.gif

I like how you posted the deck plan, great idea! I guess it's not all that important if we're portside since we're tendering in to 3(?) of the 4 ports we're stopping at...but more importantly, that we have SOME kind of view. Do you think that 5235 might be comparable to 5232...and do you think that this might be a better option than 5168?

Also, I'm travelling with a first time cruiser and though he's not prone to motion sickness, do you think that 5235 is midship enough? I'm thinking yes, but wondering what other's experiences have been having a cabin at this approximate location.

5235 and 5232 --the cabin is the same-- the balcony on 35 is huge--very long. Both cabins are the same amount of money-- if you could get a bigger balcony for the same money.

That cabin is the one that is highly sought after

5235 is the better of the two. Between lifebaots.

I guess it's not all that important if we're portside since we're tendering in to 3(?) of the 4 ports we're stopping at...
Are you sure you're tendering in that many ports??? The only port I'm aware of is Sitka. From what I understand - on the days when your "viewing" the Captain swings the ship around so everyone gets a good view - so whether one side is more important oer the other I'm not sure - but we did pick the port side for our SB cruise.

Do you think that 5235 might be comparable to 5232...and do you think that this might be a better option than 5168?
As serene said - 5232 and 5235 are the same - just different sides of the ship. To me either would be an improvement over 5168 - look at the deck plan - the first 3 boats in that section are tall. 5168 is RIGHT THERE - so when looking forward you will have lifeboats blocking your view. Much better in the next section.

Also, I'm travelling with a first time cruiser and though he's not prone to motion sickness, do you think that 5235 is midship enough?
Can't answer that. I know it's not like the Caribbean but you could still get some rough weather. Just be prepared.

Guess I should have specified which itinerary we are taking, which is the Western Caribbean; Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I think that we tender into Grand Cayman, Cozumel and maybe Belize (not sure about this port).

Hey, just figured out what JMO means! (just my opinion?) Sorry, I'm relatively new to this so it'll take me awhile... :D

Archived