Larger Group Booking?

Rhino2075

I am one of the people responsible for booking our church cruise for next year and wanted to know if it was better to book with the cruise line directly for 20-40 cabins or if an agency would be better. I have only booked my personal cruises through an agency. Thanks in advance.

If you have never booked a group before, I would highly recommend going through an agent that is experienced in group travel. There is alot more involved in a group, and anything can go wrong if not done correctly. Not to mention the amount of time it will take on your part.

I would advise talking to both. See what amenities you would get with each (i.e., cabin credits, receptions, room gifts, etc.). We have gotten great service from the company that handles the Cruise Critic group cruises. I hate to mention their name, just in case that is against the guidelines, but you can check the group board and the first post usually gives contact information. Plus you will get an idea about what amenities are available to groups.

Good luck!

I would tend to favor a TA who specialized in groups. Timmys_mom has a good point. We have gotten excellent service from the TA CC chose for our CC group cruise. As we are not to mention specific TAs to reccomend, I would look through the various CC group cruise forums and contact the various TAs and ask them what they can do for you. I know our TA has gotten us further discounts that I doubt we would have been afforded if we had gone straight through the cruise line.

Good luck!

I am one of the people responsible for booking our church cruise for next year and wanted to know if it was better to book with the cruise line directly for 20-40 cabins or if an agency would be better. I have only booked my personal cruises through an agency. Thanks in advance.

I am coordinating a cruise for our church group for next Spring Break ! (2007):D

I would recommend that you use a travel agent.

Archived