Playa Uvas

rscima

Hi everyone. I've been trying to read this thread, but there's just so much info spread out in it. So, I'm going to ask questions that I'm sure have been answered already. But please be nice to me. :D I booked the Wyndham day pass for my upcoming cruise, but I'm starting to think I made a bad decision. So, I might cancel and try Uvas. Here are my questions:

1. How many people are usually there? Is it swamped with ship excursion people?

2. What time do they open?

3. What's the difference between the all-inclusive day pass and the lunch snorkel day pass? Does that mean you have to arrive later or something. The only difference I could see was a beach towel and a locker for the AI pass. And, if that's the case, is it worth $20 pp for a beach towel and locker?

4. Did you book thru Uvas's website? Any problems?

5. Finally, is there anything I need to be wary of? All I want to do is eat, drink, lounge, and snorkel freely all day long. Is this the place for me?

Thank you all so much! I appreciate it.

Hi everyone. I've been trying to read this thread, but there's just so much info spread out in it. So, I'm going to ask questions that I'm sure have been answered already. But please be nice to me. :D I booked the Wyndham day pass for my upcoming cruise, but I'm starting to think I made a bad decision. So, I might cancel and try Uvas. Here are my questions:

1. How many people are usually there? Is it swamped with ship excursion people?

I'm not sure how many people are usually there. I do know that they do have ship excursions there but they all come to do their tours and then they leave.

2. What time do they open?

They open at 8am

3. What's the difference between the all-inclusive day pass and the lunch snorkel day pass? Does that mean you have to arrive later or something. The only difference I could see was a beach towel and a locker for the AI pass. And, if that's the case, is it worth $20 pp for a beach towel and locker?

The difference between the all inclusive day pass and the lunch snorkel day pass is that the AI includes kayak tour, snorkel tour, lunch, locker and towel. I also want to say that this one includes drinks too.

With the snorkel day pass includes the snorkel tour well which one are you talking about?? Pls see below:

AUV-3 Uvas Snorkel, lunch & open bar Beach Pass

3.jpg

Includes:

Entrance fee to Playa Uvas , Full snorkel gear for unlimited time (inflatable life vest, mask, fins & snorkel) , 45 minutes Guided Shore Snorkel Tour, Chicken or beef fajitas or fish filet plate per adult. One club sandwich or hamburger per child , Open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc) ,Marine Park fees

AUV-4 Uvas snorkel & open bar Beach Pass

4.jpg

Includes:

Entrance fee to Playa Uvas , Full snorkel gear for unlimited time (inflatable life vest, mask, fins & snorkel)

45 minutes Guided Shore Snorkel Tour , Open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc) , Marine Park fees

4. Did you book thru Uvas's website? Any problems?

I have always booked with them via their website. I have never had any problems. If anybody has any questions I would suggest contacting Eduardo.

5. Finally, is there anything I need to be wary of? All I want to do is eat, drink, lounge, and snorkel freely all day long. Is this the place for me?

I think it is. That's one of the main reasons I go there. I don't want to be bothered by screaming children, crying babies, I just want to relax on a beach, go snorkeling and eat!! lol

Thank you all so much! I appreciate it.

I believe I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have additional questions.

I posted my review on this thread. It may be a couple of pages back but it also includes pics.

BTW, anybody can review the packages that Playa Uvas offers here.

Thanks for your help! That about answers everything. I had reviewed the packages yesterday, but I was just confused about the difference between AUV1 and AUV3. They're about $20pp different in price, but it looks like the only difference in services is a beach towel and a locker. I was just curious as to whether the locker was worth $20, from people's past experiences. I guess if you're off snorkeling or kayaking, there's no where else to put your stuff, huh?

Sorry, I'm kinda dumb. AUV1 has a kayak tour, but AUV3 doesn't...just like you said. I was reading it incorrectly. :rolleyes:

I bet you were just reading it too fast!! ;)

I always get a locker...although I have left some things in my lounge chair before but nothing gives me peace of mind knowing that my belongings are in a locker & that I have a key!! :D

I bet you were just reading it too fast!! ;)

I always get a locker...although I have left some things in my lounge chair before but nothing gives me peace of mind knowing that my belongings are in a locker & that I have a key!! :D

Yeah, I definitely want one too. Can I rent a locker without getting the AUV1 package that includes the locker? Do they have them to rent separately? I emailed Eduardo yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I was bummed because everyone says he emails back right away. I wasn't feelin the love!

Yeah, I definitely want one too. Can I rent a locker without getting the AUV1 package that includes the locker? Do they have them to rent separately? I emailed Eduardo yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I was bummed because everyone says he emails back right away. I wasn't feelin the love!

Yes, for a nominal fee (can't remember how much) you can rent a locker.

hmm. Email him at eduardoczm@gmail.com. He's very quick to answer emails. He may have not received it yet.

According to my confirmation for next week, lockers are $4 plus a refundable $5 key fee.

Yep, I got the same info in my confirmation. Have fun next week! Would you mind posting a review when you get back? Not that I doubt the thousand other great reviews in this thread. :p Also, do you know if they have showers available? I know there are changing rooms, but I didn't know what amenities they included. Perhaps you can report back after next week. Have a great time!

We were in Cozumel Feb. 6th on the Carnival Valor...it was our second week of our b2b. We had a great time at this beach. Carmen met us at the entrance where we paid our entrance fee & open bar & lunch. I also got a massage that was wonderful...the only drawback to the massage was they do not have a massage table that you put your face straight down in (my daughter has one) so you had to turn your head from side to side & I have a bad neck so it wasn't as relaxing as it could have been but never the less it was still good.

The food was great...I had chicken fajhitas & my hubby had steak & chicken mixed.

We were the first people there for the day so while I was having my massage my hubby had the beach all to himself. The weather started out cloudy but cleared up eventually. We swam for awhile & took our snorkel gear out to look for the fish...the water was so clear...we swam out a long way.

The place is beautiful & I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing beach day. We stayed all day & hated to leave.

If you have any questions feel free to ask....

One tip...bring water shoes as the area before getting into the beach is rocky & sharp in areas....I even snorkeled with them on but my hubby managed to get in the water without them but said if he went back he would bring his.

Happy Sailing

For those of you who have been... what is the guided shore snorkel tour like? I'm just wondering how far out you go and how deep the water is.

Also, would you describe the kayak tour as more on the relaxed/peaceful side of things or is it strenuous kayaking all over trying to keep up with the guide? :D I'm sure you can guess which one I would prefer. ;)

For those of you who have been... what is the guided shore snorkel tour like? I'm just wondering how far out you go and how deep the water is.

Also, would you describe the kayak tour as more on the relaxed/peaceful side of things or is it strenuous kayaking all over trying to keep up with the guide? :D I'm sure you can guess which one I would prefer. ;)

Kim.

We didn't do the guided tour because we have our own stuff but 2 or 3 times while we were snorkeling the guided tour would be in the same area as we were. They were pretty far out & the water was deep where they were but they all had the jackets on so it should be fine if you don't like deep water. We don't use the vests or flippers but we are fairly good swimmers so we just swim until we get tired :)

From what I remember, and I may be wrong but I think we go about 3-10 feet deep in the water. As far as how far we go out it varies, I would say anywhere from 5-30 yards away. Of course once your done doing the snorkel guided tour you can always go snorkeling on your own throughout the day and you can explore the sea floor.

Kayking, to me was very relaxing. You can see the fish swimming beneath you. While you kayak you basically follow the guide and of course you will prob. be looking down the entire time seeing all of the wonderful fishes.

Yep, I got the same info in my confirmation. Have fun next week! Would you mind posting a review when you get back? Not that I doubt the thousand other great reviews in this thread. :p Also, do you know if they have showers available? I know there are changing rooms, but I didn't know what amenities they included. Perhaps you can report back after next week. Have a great time!

I just wanted to let you know that they do have showers. You will find the showers by the lockers. I believe they are 4 showers.:rolleyes:

I just wanted to let you know that they do have showers. You will find the showers by the lockers. I believe they are 4 showers.:rolleyes:

Wonderful, thank you. It's kinda dumb reason that I wanted to know. I figured we'd be going snorkeling first thing in the morning, so I didn't want dirty ocean hair for taking pictures the rest of the day. :p Plus it's nice to rinse the salt off.

When you book an excursion for the open bar....what type drinks are included. ...is it just mexican beer, or mixed drinks also?

It doens't include bottled beer, but they have 2 kinds on tap (i can't remember what - maybe Sol? or is that on another island?). They have all kinds of mixed drinks. If you tip the bartender $5, your drinks get magically stronger!