MOS Promenade stateroom Deck 6

:) hi all, I am just curious we booked a Promenade stateroom on Deck 6 on the Mariner of the Seas, it is room 6305 I believe. Does anyone have any pictures of this room, or any Promenade room on MOS ? I am just curious to what it looks like ? If you stayed there how did you like it ? We got a really good deal, well could have got a balcony room but dh didn't want to spend the extra 500.00 right now ( I say next time, teehee).:)

Also I sleep with a small fan on at night to eliminate noise, do you think I could pack it and plug it in in the room at night ? I already told dh I am packing my body pillow LOL !!

I was excited about my cruise BEFORE I found these boards now I am so excited I cannot wait !!!!!!! LOL !!!!:p

The noise is not bad at all except for the parade one night which you should be enjoying and not sleeping anyways. I love the promande rooms because there is always something to watch and it feels more open then an inside room because of the large window. Go for the room do not worry about noise there is always the fan in the bathroom that you can leave on if it bothers you. We had a promanade room on mariner in october and loved it in fact we booked another one this july for AOS

Just out of curiousity, are these normal size queen beds ? or normal size twin beds ? I know when I sleep in a queen my feet DON'T hang off the end but I know especially dh, when he sleeps in a twin his feet DO hang off the end of the bed.

Oh and I am not worried about the noise, I am worried I will not be able to sleep WITHOUT my fan I have slept with it since I was like 15, I know when we went to WDW and flew down I didn't have it and I didn't sleep well all week.

I always pack a small fan to take in case there's a problem with the a/c - I can't sleep when it's hot. I can make room by leaving a couple pair of shoes at home that I wouldn't end up wearing anyway.

As for the body pillow - I take mine everywhere. I have a Royal Caribbean duffel like bag that I can stuff it and my king size bed pillow in. If the zipper every breaks it will look like one of those cans that you screw the lid off of and the slinky/snake thing pops out.

Here is a photo of a Promenade Cabin on the Mariner

LOL! This photo was apparently taken at the EXACT right angle...... The room looks HUGE in the picture compared to what it really is!!!

The beds are 2 twin beds and they put them together to form something close to a queen. My DH is almost 6'2 and his feet hang off the end too!

I like deck 6 best (I have had a promenade room on each deck now 6,7,8). The noise level is similar with each.....mostly just during parades, and the view I think is best from the lowest vantage point. You don't have to crane your neck as much!!

~Jen

my husband and i always pack a box fan when travelling. i snore and he is a light sleeper! so, yes you can take a fan!

the last cruise we took we gave the fan to our cabin attendant. He was happy (he said their rooms were stuffy) and i had an extra suitcase to pack all the goodies we purchased !

The only thing to watch out for on Deck 6 is what is directly below you on the Promenade. If your cabin is above a bar, pub, etc. where there is late night music or entertainment you may hear it in your cabin. If you are a night owl it probably won't be a concern, but if you want to sleep at say 11:00pm, it is something to consider when choosing your cabin. Just an FYI. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived