Loterie Farm - St Martin

Sunrunner3

My family actually did this tour a few years back. In hindsight, hiking up a mountain in a tropical climate in June wasn't one of my brighter ideas. Our guide in her thin flip flops was agile and informative about the history of the farm and the fauna and flora. We went up the mountain (sometimes using rope handrails along the way) and the view from the top is beautiful. Ironically, I was dreading the long walk back down that tough climb and there is apparently a "back door" path that is fairly gentle and much easier to navigate.

Again, beautiful scenery and the meal at the restaurant was one of the best on our cruise...it was certainly different than the typical beach excursion and was something we remember fondly. By fondly, I mean that my family jokes frequently about my decision to book us on such an atheletic excursion when we were supposed to be "on vacation"....

So..it was different, we remember it, the food was good...and we'll never do it again.

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

I think that Ruggled is referring to one of the nature hikes that are available at the Loterie Farm, and not the Zipline experience, as that only opened some 18 months ago.

The restaurant, Hidden Forest Cafe, does have an excellent reputation.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

The zip line has only been open about a year, but the nature hikes have been going on for much longer.

Yes, it is HOT- and I can second that my idea of having fun would not be hiking through the woods in that heat (hey- but that is just me). The zip line course is completely shaded (Ha, ha, - it is in the tress), but you will get hot. There is an obvious amount of physical exertion in manuvering from tree to tree (although everybody on my tour completed the course- oh, except for one woman who came down after the first bridge- but that was from fear not inability)

I had heard that the Zipline in St Martin was a ropes course with some zip lines included. Is that true?

We're going to St Martin in October. We did the zipline in Jamaica last October and had a great time. And would love to do one in beautiful St Martin!

I had heard that the Zipline in St Martin was a ropes course with some zip lines included. Is that true?

We're going to St Martin in October. We did the zipline in Jamaica last October and had a great time. And would love to do one in beautiful St Martin!

It is more than just a zipline. It is a course of rope bridges, rope swings and zip lines. It was a challenge, and IMHO, better than just an all zip line excursion...you kinda had to WORK at this one.

My main reason for going on this was because I didn't want to "expose" my 12 year old to "exposed" people on a beach.

Archived