QE2 cabins below Caronia restaurant

carlmm

We stayed in Cabin 1012 in January which is below the Caronia Restaurant/Princess Grill areas. There was very little noise from above us. It was actually a very good location as we were forward and higher so the engine noise and vibration was limited. The sundries store Travellers Cove was very convenient as well.

If there was a noise nuisance, it was the creaking of the wood during the night. Some call it QE2 ambiance...

If there was a noise nuisance, it was the creaking of the wood during the night. Some call it QE2 ambiance...

I cannot recall any ship noise in 2070 when I was in there - but if you're worried about a little ambience from creaking wood - avoid the signal deck. The whole structure talks to you!

I cannot recall any ship noise in 2070 when I was in there - but if you're worried about a little ambience from creaking wood - avoid the signal deck. The whole structure talks to you!

Would that be the aluminium structure ????? 2070 ??????

No - Aluminium in the Signal Deck.

2070 is, as I suspect you know (;) ) in the steel section of the ship.

It must be late - had visions of you time travelling to 2070 (thought you always travelled on Signal deck - obviously I haven't been paying enough attention!!)

Ken

It must be late - had visions of you time travelling to 2070 (thought you always travelled on Signal deck - obviously I haven't been paying enough attention!!)

Ken

2070 was my first crossing in 2003.

Since meeting my (now) wife we've always been upstairs.

There are certainly strong arguments for being lower down on a crossing. It's both quieter and more stable. But then you lose other things, so it's not clear cut.

Thanks for the assurance that there are no noise problems. Actually I like the creaking of the wood.

Yet unfortunately the cabin I was looking for had been sold before I decided.

Archived