New to RCI

HI,

We are new to Royal Carrib.. Can someone please tell us about the Rhapsody of the Seas and sailing RCI out of Galveston?

Tips, suggestions, basic ship layout. We are not new to cruising , but have never cruised with RCI.

Any infor appreciated. We are thinking of cruising next April.

Thanks again,

Teena:)

You will LOVE the Rhapsody! :D Her crew is super friendly!!

The port in Galveston is a bit chaotic, though. (That was my only gripe on our cruise) So just be prepared if you are driving yourself in and parking yourself. We parked at the port, but there is another parking lot a little further out that I heard is cheaper. But it wasn't too bad, pricewise.

You can go to the RCCL website and see the ship layout. I thought it was really easy to get around. We took the stairs alot (to compensate for all the extra food we were eating :eek: ) but the elevators were plentiful and timely (except right after shows, or between dinners).

Enjoy your cruise! I hope to sail the Rhapsody again someday. Galveston is just too convenient not to sail out of!! Can't wait for the Voyager to come!!

Michelle

Michelle,

When is the Voyager coming? Is the Rhapsody going to another port?

How about the Splendor?

I know I am asking alot of questions, but how formal is formal night?

Sunday suit ok for men, or do tux?

Thanks,

Teena

I heard Voyager is coming near the end of 2007. I am not sure. There was a thread on it somewhere. Rhapsody will be going to a different port, but will be here when the Voyager isn't. I think :confused: . Have to find that thread again.... Don't know about the Splendor.

Sunday suit is fine for formal nights. We did the tux thing because we don't get to dress up that often and it's fun to play dress up. And hubby looks so darn cute in a tux! :D

Archived