Tell me about the Navigator

Hello All!

Just back from the Sovereign and the family has me looking into next year's cruise already. We are looking to do our first Voyager ship. This is a large group of family and friends with little ones of all ages. My main question is regarding Adventure Ocean. Our kids LOVED it on the Enchantment, is it much different on the Voyager ships? I understand there is more space, do they have a pool for the kids that is separate from the main deck? A water slide?? How are the alternative dining spots? Worth the extra $$$$?? We are looking to book our first junior suite as well, can someone tell me about the size of the balcony, and if there is a lounger or just a table and chairs? Sorry for all of the questions, THANKS!!!

Rita

On the Navigator they do not have a seperate pool, however on the VOyager, Explorer, and Adventure OTS they do have a pool with a small waterslide for little kids.

Anyway, back to the navigator- The adventure ocean space is everything from the center elivators back on Deck 12, so there is A LOT more space.

There is also a lot more to do, Ice shows, mini golf, a bigger rock wall, full basketball court. etc etc..

You will really like the Navigator. Will probably sail her again later on this year. I have sailed the Voyager class ships 11 times and Navigator is probably my favorite right now.

Dave

You will love Navigator. I can not comment on the kids activities as we did not use them. However, it is my favorite ship. The food was wonderful and we could not find one thing to complain about. It was great. I do not think you could pick a better ship. We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in November and I am worried that it will not measure up to the Navigator.

I would sail her again in a heartbeat. Book her I do not think you will be dissapointed. Have fun

We loved the Navigator. We were on it during Hurricane Frances two summers ago. Our seven night cruise turned into a nine night cruise, and we were only off the ship two days - one scheduled port and one unscheduled. It didn't matter - we had a blast. The captian kept us in beautiful sunny calm waters. You wouldn't have known there was anything amiss - the staff added more entertainment, meals, etc., and they were helpful with redoing travel arrangements. They even made the internet free a couple days into the cruise when they knew everyone was going to have to rearrange flights, hotels, etc. There is tons to do on the ship - can't speak to Adventure Ocean other than they were strict with the ages which is a good thing. You'll love it - have fun.

Thanks for the replies. We booked our group on Dec 3, 2007 for the 5-night on the Navigator.

Can anyone tell me about the balcony on the Junior Suite?? We will have 4 in our cabin(ds and dd will be with us) and I'm wondering if I should book a D1 or the JS. What are the benefits, and is it worth $500 more????

Archived