question about a charge of an infant

kjkuntz

I was woundering how much Carnvial charges for a 8 month old to go in the cruise? I and my husband were talking about going in a cruise in a year but were woundering how much it would cost for an infant to go on board if we deside to take him on board.

Thank you for time and answer in advance.

That is crazy it is not like he will get much i will be eating baby food from a jar. Unless it is because of the thrash. There should be a discount for a child up to a certain age. Maybe the Ta has something they can to do to get a special rate for him.

Sorry, but if you're going to cruise Carnival, the child will be charged the full third person rate. A TA will not be able to do much if anything for you. Some of the other cruiselines do have a much lower charge for infants and children under a certain age, but I don't remember which ones right off the top of my head.

The ship can only hold a certain number of passengers. Regardless of the reason, there isn't a children's rate although the third person rate is lower than the first and second person rates. I suppose it's possible that you could find a lower third person rate that you might find reasonable if you can be flexible about when you go.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

That is what I thought they would get charged for is to be cleaned up after. Athough the parents should clean up after their own childern, But that is how the staff makes their money.

Thank you phpride

That is crazy it is not like he will get much i will be eating baby food from a jar. Unless it is because of the thrash. There should be a discount for a child up to a certain age. Maybe the Ta has something they can to do to get a special rate for him.

The biggest problem with e-mail, chat rooms, and the internet is that when you read replys and responses you don't get the audible inflection in voices or the giggles that go with humor.

I'm hoping that this is the case with this response you gave to a previous poster.

Basically what I heard as your response was "I don't like or accept your answer so Off With Your Head". Kill the messenger.

The cruiseline may actually be losing money when booking the third person if it is a child. They don't buy drinks, play bingo, book specialty restaurants, excursions or spa appointments and they don't gamble.

I know it seems unfair to you, but unless you want to look at another option other than Carnival, that's just the way it is.

I was woundering how much Carnvial charges for a 8 month old to go in the cruise? I and my husband were talking about going in a cruise in a year but were woundering how much it would cost for an infant to go on board if we deside to take him on board.

Thank you for time and answer in advance.

We cruised with our 8 month (and a 4 year old) in March and had to pay the same rates as any other 3rd or 4th passenger in a cabin. We also paid the same recommended gratuities ($10 per person per day). We cruised on HAL a few years ago when our DD was 15 months and did not have to pay as much as with Carnival. Good luck!

KJ - Even though it may not seem reasonable to you, it IS fair due to all the reasons listed by Deb.

And - Yes, you might find a lesser fare for your child on another line like HAL, but YOUR cruise fare will be much higher than Carnival. All balances out, I think.:)

They still take up a berth..........

Archived