Wix Tours or Aruba Jeep Safari?

joannetk

Can anyone give feedback on either of these tours? We will be in Aruba from 8 am until 1 am the following morning. Would like to see the sights as we have never been in Aruba before. We will have an 11 year old with us.

the WIX tour is 35.00pp

the ABC Tour is 55.

both offer discounts if you book online and pay in advance.

Wix seems to see a bit more but on ABC tour you go to the Ostrich farm (which may be more interesting for your 11 year old.

Wix also seems to use a bus where the ABC tour is a jeep--again-more fun for a kid.

Both tours are 9am til 1pm.

ship docks at 8am- Aruba is the same time zone as San Juan. You iwll have plenty of time to make your excursion

I did Wix Tours a few years back and had a blast. We had a Jeep and not a bus, but it was more than $35, think it was around $55. I'm thinking that the $35 is the half day tour. I did the full-day one. The only difference in the 1/2 day vs the full day is that the full-day goes to the beach in the afternoon. That's basically it.

Whatever you decide Aruba is a wonderful place, and I can't wait to go back in 2007.

Joanne

Serene: I'm assuming that you are talking about the Destiny?

I am doing the Crown Princess in 2007, which still has Aruba as a port of call.

Joanne

Yes- I meant the Destiny- I see the Adventure of the Sea is still going to Aruba.

I just checked the crown Princess for Southern Caribbean. WOW. now thats an impressive itinerary-- I dont know if I can handle 6 port sin 7 days. I will have to keep an eye on reviews to see if its too much.

Please keep me posted.

Yeah, I really like that itinerary too. Wanted to try some new islands. Done Eastern twice, western & southern one each. With this one, I've only done Aruba & St Thomas, all the rest will be new. I am not planning on doing much in St Thomas since I've been there quite a few times before, and Aruba, was kinda planning of doing the beach bum thing. :)

I will keep you posted. That first sailing is only in October. The Crown's inaugural sailing is next week, but will be sailing out of NY until october.

You never been to aruba and you are doing the beach thing?

what beach?

We are heading to Aruba in Sept=- but we are there from 8am til 10pm.

doing the ABC jeep tour. then heading for a bite to eat on the island for lunch. Looking for a sunset cruise from 5-7.

I sent an email to Red Sails but they are under contract with the cruise lines and cant take on private persons. I also dont see it on the web site to book. the other two companies have not responded back. I dont know if thats a good sign or bad..

We have been to St thomas before-- and are going again in Sept and then again on CB in February-- thats when I will head to St Johns.

Archived