Golden Laundry

batoryfirst

Are washers, dryers and irons easily accessible and available on a 12-day Med cruise on the Golden? Should we bring our own detergent and quarters for the machines?

Our experience is you can always count on the fact that washers and dryers are not readily accessible on ships.

There are never enough machines and everyone wants to use them at the same time you do.........:(

I did read in a recent post live from the Golden that some of the change machines did not work & that they also ran out of detergent.

I would bring a roll of quarters & soap to be set.

Each deck has a Laundry Room. Some busier than others.

They are not to run 24hrs. usually close by 11pm.

Is the laundry areal open 24/7? can you do a load at 3am? :D
No. They are closed overnight. I believe they close at 9 or 10PM.

I have never had a problem finding a free washer or dryer on a Princess ship but then I go in the afternoon, usually at about 4PM. Then, I'm completely done with everything by 5:30PM, in time to shower, change and dress for dinner.

I would never bring quarters for the laundries. They weigh a lot and you can always get change at the Pursar's Desk.

I would never bring laundry soap; it's not worth the weight and aggravation. If the dispensers are out, you can always buy soap in the store. I believe it was ALL and was perfectly adequate.

Is it possible to do laundry the day we embark on GP? We are flying to Rome for 5 nights pre cruise and will really need to get some laundry done by then! I plan on bringing the dirty stuff on board with me in a carryon suitcase rather than waiting until who knows when for the rest of the luggage to make it to our cabin! I will have ample quarters and detergent with me, so my first stop after finding the cabin is to hit the laundry room!

Archived