Six Week Body Make Over??

I can relate to the going to weigh in at a meeting thing. I think I'd rather eat glass! If this is the diet/workout plan I'm remembering (from the extreme makeover guy?) be careful of the workouts. They involved throwing punches with freeweights. This can be really hard on the joints.

Tami

Tami,

Thanks for your reply. This program doesn't use free weights. DH ordered program yesterday. This program use the the bands for strengthening. Will

let you know how it works once we get everything. Wish us luck.

Lind

Angel,

I have it sitting here on the floor of my den. I would love to get rid of it to someone that would use it, since I am not doing it any longer. Back to WW for me. I know many people that were able to stick to it and lost a great amount of weight. I just wasn't the right thing for me.

I think it is very good, but what you need to know is that it a low sodium and small meals. Each person does their blueprint and then sticks to the recommendation. I didn't have time to eat the small meals and put the time into the preparation. So this would mean no processed food. Your DH would become much healthier.

The blueprint can be done at the web site.

CCCM,

I've been very interested in seeing the program.

I've been maintaining my loss for several years now, but over the last 5 months I've had the weight "creep" (I broke my foot, heal and ankle and I was confined to my room upstairs w/DH supplying me w/food in early AM to last the day... ) and couldn't do my usual exercise regime. Now I can get around the house (albeit with difficulty on stairs and with pain) but haven't started back to exercise. Know that's keep.

Let me know if you are "looking to pass along" the info.

Thanks,

Carolyn

cmjaffe@cox.net

Hi Carolyn,

I just sent you an email. If I had to eat DHs cooking for that amount of time, I would be a size 6 again. :eek: He is the man that puts apples on the bottom of the crisp and then again on the top. We won't even talk about the breadcrumbs in the burgers......:p

Hope you feel better!

Celeste

Thanks to those of you who shared your thoughts with me. Celeste, we did do the blue print on the website and thank goodness we are both the same body type. I went into the chat room and got the idea about alot of prep. and eat small meals. Am not sure we will stick to it but like I said DH is not a "meeting guy". Will see what this looks like and what are chances are of really sticking to it. Am still waiting for the "kit". We can try the process for six weeks, and can return it if not satisified. I think that' enough time for us to see what we will really do and how difficult it will be. I do know that several Dr's. suggest eating smaller meals is much healthier for you. Salt is not a problem, I mean I don't use a salt shaker at all, but I do know that processed food are full of salt. Was the biggest issue with you the prep. time and eating the six meals? It you could get use to that was this realistic lifestyle change? Would glad to hear any more of the things you liked and didn't like.

Carolyn, this is Linda from Florida. I have followed your thread with Belle,Donna, & Shelia for a long time. Don't post much but I know you have been through the wringer. You are a long time low carb person. Have you changed your mind about that woe or just looking to do something to kick start eveything once again. It was really nice to see you name here. Please give my best to the other ladies.

Thanks again to all who took the time to post. I'll let you know how things go once we get the "kit" and have a chance to start working on this woe.

Linda

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious to see if anyone has used this program. DH is really considering to this. He is not a "go weigh in meeting" type. Would love to hear pro's & con's. Thanks

have seen the info on the telly....looks like a complete program....let us know how he makes out :)

Sorry I have not replyed before. June has been the worst month.

I know many who have maintained for about 1 year after doing the 6 weeks. If they go away for a week, when they get back they just jump on for a week or two and boom, back where they should be.

The only issue for me was the prep time and the eating 6 times a day. While the food is bland there are plenty of ways to get around that. Hellman's Honey Mustard is great, low sodium. And there are alot of low sodium dressings at Whole Foods. I loved the fact that you could have carbs on this. That is the saving grace. I couldn't cut carbs and tried.

Carolyn, I hope you received the kit and have found it helpful.

Also, don't forget WW online, no meetings and no weigh ins.

Hope July brings peace, relaxation and weight loss!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner last time I checked no one was asking any questions. Let me bring you up to speed.

I absoluetly hate this program! Did our body blueprinting. DH & I are both body type b which is a good thing. The program in a nutshell is eating six small meal a day. Day of eating goes like this: breakfast--2oz lean protein, half cup of fruit, mid-moring snack--2oz protein, half cup fruit, lunch--2oz protein half cup starch cup of veggies, mid afternoon snack--2oz protein, cup of veggies, dinner-- 2oz protein, half cup of starch, cup of veggies, bedtime snack--half cup of fruit. YOU ARE NOW DONE EATING FOR THE DAY. This doesn't sound too bad right, well now for what you cannot eat NO SALT, NO SUGAR, NO FATS, & NO DAIRY. And I do mean no of the list. If you live at home, don't eat out, don't travel and basically want to live the rest of your life eating like this--then you are better than I am.

Let me say that I was on a three day cruise. I had lost 14lbs and after my cruise I had gained 12 of the 14 lbs I lost. In three days. NO, I didn't go overboard while I was on the cruise. My sister has been doing WW and I just followed what she ate. We ate our three meals and no snacking in between meals, & we didn't drink. We ate what the ship had prepared. I put all the weight back on. Of course the ship didn't cook without salt, sugar, & fats. I had a little cheese on my salad and half a laddle of low-fat salad dressing. It took me almost two weeks to get back to my pre-cruise weight. I've since lost a total of 16lbs.

I have been eating chicken six times a day, tomatoes at least 3 times a day, and a cup & half of blueberries a day. DH gets to eat four oz of protein and a cup of starch each time just because he is male. I understand that but when you do a calorie count of what we are eating we are under 1200 calories a day and that's just not healthy and I can't see me eating like this for the rest of my life. I will however take some of the things I learned from here and do when I go to WW. I do now know about the amount of salt that is already in processed food. I do not cook with salt never did but I must say I really never read the lables either. Was amazed to find that Swanson's chicken broth had over 1,000 mgs of salt in it. I finally found a no salt added chicken broth and I now cook with that.

Step 1--my dh has lost 18lbs but even he with the iron willpower is beginning to have problems handling this woe. Its just to confineing and if you have to eat out its impossible. My dh is a pastor and there are things we have to attend that require us to eat. The plan's suggestion is that you eat before or take your food with you. Taking food with us is not an option. As I said before this is a very strict woe and if you never eat away from the house then you can do this. A day of not eating this way and you can easily gain up to 5lbs.:eek: At least with WW one bad day doesn't set you back a week or more.

The other thing with this woe is that you MUST drink 100oz of water a day. No more & no less ---and you shouldn't drink anything like tea or coffee until after you have your 100oz of water.

Also the idea of exercising less is a crock. What they don't tell you in the infomericals is that in addition to doing the plans excersies twice a week, you also need to start with 45 mins of cardio six times a week and work you way up to an hour of cardio a day. The suggested cardio is walking. This is a bummer for us cause dh had bad knees and has been told no walking, running, biking until knees are replaced. We are checking into water walking or swimming but so far haven't been able to fit it into our lives. If your not doing the cardio, then the weigh does come off but much slower. I know that every woe tells you to do some kind of exercise and we will need to figure out something for us.

Hope this anwers your questions. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have as best as I can. I'm no expert ...but I'll do my best to share what I've learned.

Archived